1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stripping only previews and other unrelated material

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by aurgathor, Jan 25, 2005.

1. aurgathor

aurgathor Member

It's very common that on a DVD there are some previews of upcoming movies or some lame DVD player, occasionally taking up quite a bit of space. I'd like to take these out, but keep the menus and everything else related to the main movie (i.e. deleted scenes, interviews, etc.) intact.

What's the best and simplest to use tools to accomplish this? I currently use DVDshrink, and while it's a great tool, it's not suitable for this.

TIA

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Thats what I like about Clonedvd2. It has the ability to edit the dvd like Shrink but keep the menu working. Quality of the backup is excellent. Clonedvd2 does not decrypt so you need DVD43 or Anydvd to work in the backgroung as the dercypting driver. I think if you purchase Clone and Anydvd together they cost less then $70. total. They both have trial download to try out and see if you like the way they work. Good luck.

Jerry

3. aurgathor

aurgathor Member

Is that the elby CloneDVD2?

BTW, I forgot to mention that I also use DVDecrypter and Daemon Tools (I always rip to ISOs) meaning that I don't think I need any other decrypting driver.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Yes the Elby Clone is the one you want.

Jerry

5. aurgathor

aurgathor Member

Thanks, it seems to work fine, though I miss DVDShrink's ability to set start and end frmes.

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I only used that feature in Shrink when I needed to cut down more out of a movie to make it fit better. I never really saw a need for it with Clonedvd.

Jerry