1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stuck on 1x speed, HELP!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by adpat, Mar 6, 2003.

1. adpat

adpat Guest

I have just purchased Pioneer DVR-105 DvD-R burner, i am using 4x discs yet it will only read and write at 1x speed. Could it be my pc itself not being capable? Is it my burner? Is it my software? Or am i just thick!

2. sirmugen

sirmugen Regular member

before you burn.... put the blank disc in the burner first and let the software read the disc, so it knows its capable of burning 2x or 4x. Once the extra option of 2x or 4x is reveal then you can burn at that speed.

sirmugen

3. adpat

adpat Guest

I had already done this, when i intialize the burn it is set at 4x and gives me a 15 min completion time , after 10 seconds or so the time increases to around 50 mins, very annoying and confusing!

4. princy1

princy1 Guest

What software are you using to burn?

5. Frostbite

Frostbite Member

Have u added the firmware upgrade?

Frosty

6. adpat

adpat Guest

I am using stomp recordnow , and i have not got any firmware, what is it and where do i get it?

7. Frostbite

Frostbite Member

Firmware is available at pioneers web site,sorry I aint got the link to post it but just do a basic search 4 pioneer, It's basically a flash program to your burner, like a bios flash, sorry,never used stomp.

Frosty

8. adpat

adpat Guest

i have downloaded firmware, i have been told to be careful when doing it, how do i install the firmware, does it have to be installed anywhere in particular?

9. Frostbite

Frostbite Member

Hopefully u got the firmware from pioneers site,if so then it will be in the form of a zip file,theres no danger as u are doing something the manufacturer is telling u to do so simply unzip the file and follow instructions, the only warning I've seen is that u cant restore drive to as it was,so what.

Frosty

10. adpat

adpat Guest

thanks for your help

11. guyleger

guyleger Guest

I also am stuck with 1x speed no matter what
    I do. I bought a USB 2.0 card, I checked
    my firmware (O.K.). I bought 4x DVD-R

etc.

I you append to find a solution to this
    2x-4x lie tell me.

thanks

Guy

12. aureoh

aureoh Member

13. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

What brand of media are you using? I've had some media work more accurately than others.

Also, what channel is your DVD burner on? If it's on the same IDE cable as your hard drive, you might also have trouble.

I would also try the firmware update as suggested.