1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck on 321 Studio DVD-Backup disclaimer screen

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by EJT, May 11, 2003.

1. EJT

EJT Member

I am having a problem getting a DVD- disc to playback on a DVD player in a 2002 Odyssey van.

I burn a movie successfully that will play on a PC, but when I insert it in the van DVD player it displays the 321 Studio DVD-Backup disclaimer screen and goes no further.

I try to select the forward or fast forward functions with no effect.

I have tried Memorex, TDK, Fujifilm, Verbatim, Khypermedia DVD- discs all with the same result. Burner is sonyDRU500AX.

+DVD discs will not even get this far – they error out when inserted into this player.

Can anyone help?

Last edited: May 11, 2003
  2. ARTW

ARTW Member

Does the dvd play in your home dvd player. If so then your player in your odyssey van will just not play recordable discs. This also happens with a lot of factory radios that won't play cd-r media either. And believe me dvd-r media is a lot more touchy. Perhaps there is a firmware upgrade you can get for your player in your van.

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

There seems to be a lot of problems with this sony +/- Writer. If you read through the forum you will see you are not alone. My advice is to stick with Pioneer Hardware, Sony's day at the top is forever gone!

4. EJT

EJT Member

The burned DVD- does work in my other DVD players, just not the van.

I had a NEC burner before that only burned DVD+ discs. Those discs did not work in the van either.

How would I get a firmware update in the van DVD player?

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Is it on a 12volt conection. Does it have a coaxial or digital connection on the back of it?

6. ARTW

ARTW Member

The only chance that I know of to get a firmware update is to talk to any local radio repair shops that service factory radios. It is a long shot though. I just tried finding out about getting a factory radio updated and did not have any luck.

7. boriqua

boriqua Guest

Something else you might want to consider is the method you use to create your movies... I rip with DVD Decryptor, compress with DVDOne, and then burn with Decryptor or RecordNow Max...
    Try it with this method, maybe DVDOne makes the difference...

8. stric9

stric9 Member

Does Toshiba make the player in your car? This is a known hangup for some peeps using versions 2.0.1 and higher of Xpress on many different Toshiba players.

9. tekbright

tekbright Member

Go to the menu. Or try going to a chapter. It works for me.

10. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

Let me tell you a little story...... might help you out.

When I was looking at buying my burner, I was concerned my home player being so old that it wouldn't read burned discs. I had a buddy lend me one of his backups (DVDXcopy) so I could see for myself. I got not much further, and it crashed my player so bad it powered itself off. I figured then I needed a DVD player that hadn't seen most of the 90's, and planned on buying one.

I did end up buying my burner before getting the new DVD player. Another friend had suggested different software than DVDXcopy, and I made my first backup that way. Guess what? My backed up discs play just fine in my home player. And they also play great in my friend's player that even warns that it won't play DVD-R's.

My method is outlined here: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/38711

Try that and see how it works for you._X_X_X_X_X_[small]"Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with the software."[/small]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2003