1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stuck on bin/cue files!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by djm2k, Nov 3, 2004.

1. djm2k

djm2k Member

I'm a noob here, and i've run into a problem with a conversion of 3 bin and 3 cues files that i'd like to rejoin to 1 file to be burned on a dvd-r. I used isobuster to extract the files and then TMEPGenc 2.5 to merge the cue files only. Do i need to merge the bins & cues together?
    Please help......

Thanks.

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

All the cue files are for is to pick up the bin files.

Load the each cue file and run it thru your program with your hard drive as your destination. Then take the two converted bin files from your hard drive and merge them in your app and burn to disc :>)

3. djm2k

djm2k Member

Hey Big Orange,
    thanks for your quick response. you said to load each cue(3) and run it thru a program, would that be isobuster or TMEPGenc? When you say take the (3)converted bin files, which are mpeg files now and merge them in my app, which app do you mean?

i'm still not quite sure what to do.

thanks for your further assistance Big Orange.

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Actually I use Alchohol 120 for bin/cue files. It works really well on them. It has a free trial period :>)

5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

OOPS!, you have already converted the files to mpeg! Then use NVE(NeroVision Express). It comes with the nero Ultra 6 suite.

It will merge the 3 files, and let you make chapters and create a menu with which to operate the DVD. It will then burn to DVD. It also has a software remote to view your finished product before you burn. If anything isn't kosher with you, you can go back and change it before you burn.

It has an import feature to enable some pretty creative menus, including motion buttons, backgrounds, etc.

6. djm2k

djm2k Member

Hey Big Orange,
    Thanks again for your help. I successfully created a DVD-R with NVE! I have another question about our discussion in another post. A friend of mine who made a copy of the movie "Troy",and it has a menu with cut scenes from the movies as well as, "playe movie", "scene selection" and "bonus features". I know he couldn't have done that himself. So do some of these download come with the menus and chapters already as part of the download?

Please let me know about this.

thanks for your help.

7. djm2k

djm2k Member

hey big orange,
    by the way that copy of "troy" i was given is a pal version. It was complete with the retail menu & chapters. I am curious to know if thats how a download comes with these features?

Let me know whats your opinion....

thanks for your help.

8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

[bold]So do some of these download come with the menus and chapters already as part of the download[/bold]

Personally I've never seen it. Troy is out on DVD, but hasn't been released over here yet. Not until Janurary is what a blockbuster rep told me. All I have ever seen is main title only with D/L files.

Since it's pal you'd have to use shrink or some other app to make it region free to be compatible with your player.

Did you get this D/L in a zip file emailed to you or was it D/L'd over the net? If it was emailed I can see why it could have menus, etc.

9. djm2k

djm2k Member

It was downloaded thru the newsgroups. I have it on a DVD that he made for me. Again just curious on how it really happens when D/Ling over the net. i'm happy with the stuff i've D/Led so far.

Thanks for your feedback Big O!