1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck on channel

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by hecter, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Ok , you do not need the aerial in when flashing and looks like it worked from the last image

Disconnect the SV from the PC and connect back up to the TV as normal

Make sure you have the incoming cable in "Cable Input" and your scart is in properly

Turn ON the b0x and tell me what it says on your TV screen

2. hecter

hecter Member

I tried again and its finally worked, utterly bizarre as I carried out the same steps the previous time, I think this must be at least the 5th time the download stated it was successful.

Thanks for your patience and help with this, I bet you were tearing your hair out the other side of the PC.

3. hecter

hecter Member

Ok from there I just went onto the screen, it stated language select, I choose english pressed ok and went ahead to the next screen, I then choose my cable preference and went to automatic scan. At this point the SV switched itself off and back on again to the language select menu, went through this process a couple of times and now appears the blank background again.

I have a feeling my box is goosed hence my problems from the start of the process.

4. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

As mentioned above it sometimes takes several tries to get it to work :)

I am not pulling my hair out as I am used to this and would be bald by now lol

Glad you got it downloaded and hope it works when you plug it back into your TV

Any problems drop back to this thread so other members know what you've done and can help you out if im not around :)

5. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Try turning the b0x off at the back for a few seconds then turn it back on

6. hecter

hecter Member

See my post above your last one.

7. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Try turning the b0x off at the back for a few seconds then turn it back on

8. hecter

hecter Member

Its just returning to 0 all the time again, should I try flash it again?

9. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Yes , disconnect your provider cable and scart and connect back to the PC , and put the Starvi*w on STAND-BY before flashing

10. eamo32

eamo32 Regular member

Looks like a bad flash. Hook everything up as before for the flash process, only this time, leave the starview
    turned off. Now fire up gtrom, load in the firmware file, and hit the download button, now turn on the starview.
    It may take a few goes at this for it to take, so please don't give up after the first attempt, it has taken some
    people up to 20 goes. Iff you get a successful download, hook it back up to your tv, and do the normal install process.
    As you have a clone, make sure you are using the 2.57 FIXED firmware, as anything newer than this will kill your box.
    The firmware file is available from the eko link at the end of my post, it's in the Starview -> Firmware directory.
    STAR_VIEW_H20060816_257eE_api_FIXED.bin

11. hecter

hecter Member

I'm using STAR_VIEW_H20060816_257eE_api_FIXED and GTRom Loader v4.00, I've just tried what you said above and its in the download process, got it after the second attempt so will report back with any problems. I won't give up I've been at it on and off all day. Basically unless I'm told the box is finished I'll keep going with it.

12. eamo32

eamo32 Regular member

If all else fails, you can always try to have it jtagged. Out of interest, do you remember what firmware was
    installed on it when it went belly up.

13. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Thanks for stepping in Eamo :)

Hope you get it sorted Hecter , sorry I have to go , need my beauty sleep lol :)

14. hecter

hecter Member

I bought it on Feb 25th this year and it was already flashed so I have no idea what version was on it, after the code changes the other day it worked fine, and then yesterday is when the problem occurred.

I have for the second time just completed the steps you posted above and no all I see is a small n, when I un plug and put it back into the TV I get a black screen now, with sometimes a 0 and sometimes a small n on the SV.

15. hecter

hecter Member

How do I do this?

16. eamo32

eamo32 Regular member

Oh well, the first bit is good news, if you bought it back in Feb, it has older firmware installed, so the firmware didn't kill
    it. The second bit however is not so good. I've never heard of one having a small n on the display before. The only thing I can
    think of to try at this hour of the morning is to try the same thing again, but with an older version of the firmware. both 2.54
    and 2.55 are available from the eko link. If it works, you could leave well enough alone, but have to manually update the keys when
    they change again,or if you feel lucky, you could then try to flash the 2.57 FIXED.
    Unfortunately though, I think you might be looking at a jtag for the box. I don't know of anyone off hand doing jtag in the UK, a quick search on your favourite search engine will bring up results, it costs about £10 + p&p as far as I can remember.

17. eamo32

eamo32 Regular member

I know Celtic71 mentioned earlier about waiting for the "Download Complete" window to pop-up before disconnecting
    after flashing the firmware, but even when then pops up, I would wait another 20 - 30 seconds before disconnecting.
    I have to hit the hay now too, sorry to leave you hanging. If all this fails, post back here, and I'll try to dig up details about jtagging.
    Are you comfortable with soldering, 'cos you can make your own lead, or buy one from fleabay.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  18. hecter

hecter Member

This just isn't working for me, I have tried to flash this constantly since yesterday, its probably been flashed now around 50 times, and still all that appears is the 0.

I'm at a loss as to what I should do but this is seriously ridiculous.

19. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

If you flashed it and it keeps showing 0 then it will more than likely need to be jtagged as it is a clone b0x

I cant remember if you are in the UK or Ireland ?

20. hecter

hecter Member

I'm in Glasgow. Jtagged sounds a complete pain, I'm pretty annoyed I've had this box for only 6 months and its done already. Add to that the person that sold it did not state it was a clone.