1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck on channel

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by hecter, Oct 7, 2007.

1. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Open it up and have a look at the psu see if there are any blown caps.

2. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

I know it is a pain to only have the box 6 months but if you add up all the cost of the full package you have got for the basic package you will find that the box has indeed payed for itself so you are not really at the loss so it just means that you are starting from scratch again my advice stick it on flebay as needing to be jtaged you should get about 70pounds and put it towards a new box with a guarantee and you will get better return for this one sorry if i seem a bit blunt but that is the simplest thing to do with it

3. hecter

hecter Member

Well there is light....I got this from the seller "there was a point where the boxes were missing the ie chip which makes them updateable and without it they die" he has told me to send it back and he will send another one to me, wish I had known that yesterday when I spent the whole day trying to flash it.

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Well thats a nice seller care to name them as they seem quite genuine.

5. eamo32

eamo32 Regular member

Glad to hear you are getting sorted by the seller, and sorry for making you do the flash so many times.
    I have to say though, that excuse sounds like pure BS.
    "there was a point where the boxes were missing the ie chip which makes them updateable and without it they die"
    I've never heard of an ie chip, ever, and as for it being missing, and therefore making the box die. 10 out of 10 to him for coming up with that excuse, however, unlike most of the clone sellers, he is going to replace it.

6. Deanega

Deanega Member

Lads,

Could really use your help here. I have a Red Euro-vox Max which is causing me brain damage. It was dead (red stand-by light) and after Jtagging it, its back to life. Although it is stuck on channel 0097 on the display and will not show at all on the TV. The remote nor front display will change the channel. I have also re-flashed it with numerous versions of red max software.

Help will be rewarded with a big hug :)

7. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

you obliviously did not jtag it properly that is why you have that problem need to be done again

8. Deanega

Deanega Member

Cheers for the reply Fergusrb. I have just ran jkeys again and it went through ok (no errors). Still the same problem with the box though. Any words of wisdom for me?

9. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

you could try skymax and see will that sort it out otherwise you will have to get someone to do it for you

10. Deanega

Deanega Member

I just tried skymax again - it brings up a "Fail" error when i'm trying to erase the flash.

11. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

what area do you live in and are you in ireland or uk

12. Deanega

Deanega Member

Dublin

13. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

ok if you would like me to do the jtag for you if you pm me your number i will ring you during the week ok

14. Deanega

Deanega Member

Thanks for the offer but I have a few boxes with the same issue and I'm sure i'll get more back as I have sold quite a few. Would really love to be able to fix these myself as I have a feeling I will be busy with them soon. I got files/instructions with my jtag from taler-made circuits. Could it be possible that I have a dodgy tsop file or jkeys?

15. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

it could be possible but as i do them all the time i dont come across that problem very often good luck with it anyway

16. Deanega

Deanega Member

Would you be able to send me your files? Juts for peace of mind that I know I'm using files that work. Have you ever come across this problem?