1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck on Writing lead-in when burning

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by 420bates, Jan 13, 2005.

1. 420bates

420bates Member

Im trying to hook my cousing up with the ability to back up his dvd's. He has bought an 8x +- external usb 2.0 drive for his HP pavilion xf328 laptop. We have succesfully encoded the movie with dvd shrink and when done with that dvd decrypter automatically comes up and starts to write lead-in. Once this happens it gets stuck. It dosnt actually freeze, it just writes lead-in and dosnt start the burning process. We have also tried nero 6 which is what came with the burner and we get the same results. ive read throught the forum and havent been able to find anyone else with the same problem, any suggestions..
    Thank you.

2. Roswell23

Roswell23 Member

This is my problem too...my post is right below yours...I would like any help with this, too!

3. brobear

brobear Guest

Try plugging the burner into a desktop to see if it will work properly. A nice P4 at 2.5 GHhz or better with 512MB RAM or more and at least 15 GB free HD space would be preferrable. It will either work or not and that will tell you if it's the drive or the PC causing the problem. BTW, laptops with low system resources are not a good choice for recording dvd movies. From there you just have to figure out if the PC has a software problem or a hardware problem. Using different trial recording software and analysis utilities like SiSoft sandra will give you enough info. If the drive doesn't work with a full size PC, that one is obvious.

4. Hallywood

Hallywood Regular member

I have a Sony external burner (USB) and it works well with my desktops and with my laptop but, I have heard that DVD burners in after market external enclosures have had some problems.
    HW.

5. brobear

brobear Guest

A brand and model of the burner would have been nice; and all hardware is not created equal.

6. Hallywood

Hallywood Regular member

and all hardware is not created equal

Amen my Friend, Amen.
    HW.