1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stuck pixel on lcd moniter

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by B1gDRock, Apr 14, 2007.

1. B1gDRock

B1gDRock Regular member

does anybody know how i can fix this stuck pixel on my lcd moniter. ive tried tapping it with a pen with fixed another stuck pixel. dont worry, i used something in between the pen and screen so as to not scratch it. ive tried pressing it and turning on the lcd, which didnt work. ive also tried flashing colors over it with a program overnight, which didnt work either. any other suggestions?

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

for the most part, a dead pixel is a dead pixel. no fixes come to mind.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

check in ireland's tech download thread as i think he posted a program or somebody did that "might" work.

4. B1gDRock

B1gDRock Regular member

well its not dead, its stuck. a dead pixel is when it doesnt ever work. its always off. a stuck pixel is when its stuck on a certain color. mine is stuck, not dead.

5. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

for the most part, stuck pixels are a hardware issue in the monitor itself, aren't they? if there's software that can do a master reset on the monitor, that would be the only real solution you could put in place in your house.

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i've got that program that supposedly fixes that problem. is a 222k zipped file. if want than pm your email address & send it to you.