1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuff Just Disappear

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by volume7, Nov 5, 2011.

1. volume7

volume7 Member

I am using windows 7. While I was trying to find a way to transfer the music off my iPod to my laptop without erasing it, somehow most of my desktop shortcuts, folders and files disappeared. Nothing is erase. If I search for a specific file, it finds it and work when i double click on it but only from that location. I notice while searching that the files all have padlock icons on them. I try restarting and system restores but nothing work.
    Please help!

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

sounds like a virus to me.try running malware bytes or super antispyware to find the virus.

3. volume7

volume7 Member

I tried scanning with malware bytes and AVG but the problem still reminds. I installed mediamoney before trying to copy the music to my laptop. Maybe that did something. Also I tried this progranm call "Take Ownership". it lets you takes ownership of programs that only adminstration can access and it remove those padlock icons from my files. the problem is still there.

4. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

omfg.. the damn files belong to the ipod and are "copy protected" .. bet you didn't use the garbage "theft of your property" itunes to end up like this.

you probably need to rip them with one of the ipod tune rippers which exist and will rip that protection crap off.

this is THE BEST REASON never to buy an ipod or any media of any kind from crapple!!!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  5. Storage21

Storage21 Member

this virus is no way huh! I've never seen this happen, but just know that I can not even in windows7 put on the desktop background I think it terrible.

guarda moveis

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011