1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stuffit expander doesnt work?

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by redZoneOS, May 24, 2007.

1. redZoneOS

redZoneOS Regular member

well doesnt look like many people post on the mac forums in here but i'll give it a shot. I downloaded Audion 3.0 because I cant stand itunes. Works great, but I wanted to change skins so I downloaded 'faces' from their website that are in a .bin file format... I am assuming they are 'zip' files but when i double click, it opens random programs like microsoft excel, or quicktime... and obviously those programs say that it is not a recognized file format. Any suggestions? An example of the filename I downloaded is

"artpen.sit.bin"
    is this correct stuffit expander format? what can i do to fix this problem?

Thank you very much!

2. Londor

Londor Guest

Control click on the file, select "Open with" and choose Stuffit.

If you want from now on to open .bin files with Stuffit by default just click on the file and get its info (command+i), in "Open with" select Stuffit and click on the "Change All" button.

Edit: Why don't you like iTunes?

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2007
  3. redZoneOS

redZoneOS Regular member

strange, i did what u suggested and realized that stuffit is no longer on my computer... how the heck does it just disappear, I know i had it installed before...? Anyway i downloaded the latest version and everything works again! Thanks.

I dont like itunes because of ipod limitations, otherwise it is very convenient. I downloaded ipod programs that allow me to add music without itunes, from any computer i want (which is much better for me, and on my PC i prefer winamp anyway!) I'm using AUDION 3 on my macbook, which i feel is soooo much better then itunes, once u learn it.

Anyway thanks again!

4. Londor

Londor Guest

The problem with Audion is that it is a PPC application so it has to run under Rosetta on Intel machines which takes more resources than necessary.

Have you tried Play? It is fairly simple but it has support for more audio formats than iTunes.

http://sbooth.org/Play/

5. redZoneOS

redZoneOS Regular member

whats rosetta? I dont have it on my macbook C2D... unless its built into osx, then im not sure, but audion 3 works perfect on my comp with no lag or anything... I will definitely give that software u recommended a try tho, I'm still looking to find a 'winamp' for my macbook... Ive used that program for so long, I LOVE IT! haha

6. Londor

Londor Guest