1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stupid post

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by CCteam, Feb 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Feb 28, 2004
  2. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Well Us college kids have to stick together. But not that close, I don't want you to get jealous of me Herby. Hee hee.

I was just curious how off topic this got and were it was originally be for moved here.

I some how missed you becoming a MOD, Herbsman. Con Grats. If its been a long time, just hit me to wake me up. On an other thread I learned I watch way too many movies.

3. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

topic...haha....i dont think there is a real topic in this thread...lol

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

No topic at all - Herbsman is just jealous ab9ut me being a college id. Im drunk andits 3.20am and im getting drinker bny threm ,inute an dwillbe song drunk in the mroninf its unreal. Then i have to get up and play a football match at 12.00pm. Im fucked. im going to bed'

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

nearyl in bed, but nto quite yet. im very drinkered cuz ive been out in the drink sinec 7.30pm and its now nearly 400a,/ nad im very sleepy. Want to g ogo to ed. i ahve to get up at 11.30 to get a footall match palyed. Herbsman helo. Samantha dageloo and will speak soon

6. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Oriphus, just can't hold his alcohol like the old days. Go to University and your tolerance drops. Not like the old high school days with "Ice tea" in the bottle. I miss Jacky D, but now I have really cleaned up. Looks like some one will have to clean Oriphus up when he awakes. Remember man, lots of melba toast and water before bed or "to ed" as you say.

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Well i survived the football match without bringing up my Steak or Fish Supper from last night. If anyopne finds a post with me talking complete shite in it, let me know so i can edit it. Another classic example of me getting fucked on 10 pints of Stella. Hmmm....how i do love it though.

8. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

10 pints! thats it, man you really did go down in the tolerace. Must be the University thing, once you enter its all down hill.

9. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

*Praetor jealous* :p -sniffle-

10. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Well, 10pints and God knows what after that cuz i dont remember much....lol. I suppose having lower tolerences will help me save some money since i just spent a fortune a new Home Cinema Projector and Marantz Progressive scan DVD player. Got myself some cambridge audio component video cable, 5 metres - feckin £150. wow...

11. Samantha

Samantha Member

*Huggles* for Praetor , don't wanna get on the wrong side of the mods LOL

Now i'm off to bed, i'm sick :(

12. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Bless !

Hope ya feel better soon Sam [​IMG]

*hugs*

13. Praetor

Yay huggles :D hehe sleep tight and dont become and insomniac like me :p

14. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Hope you feel better soon Sam. Not too serious I hope, are you avoiding those chickens. I am amazed how many people are afaid of that silly thing.

Oriphus, why did you go for the expensive cable? I haven't seen too much difference from cheap cable from the dollar store and really expensive stuff. I bought Composite cable 6feet for a dollar and it is beter then stuff I bought for my mom at chirstmas for $25. I also you composite cables for every thing, component is really the same thing. I have been tempened by the THX certified stuff at $50, just to see if there is any resistance, quaily or noise difference then the dollar store stuff.

15. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Hi, the reason i went fot the top of the range Cambridge Audio cable is really for performance. I have an XGA 1300:1 contrast Projector with a progressive scanning receiver and Pixel Works Scaler. I bouth the DVD player because of its high quality Progressive scan unit for PAL. The cable was therefore the icing on the cake. I DO notice a big difference between, £5-£20 cable and the £100+ cable that i have. THe centre of it is a solid core with Silver plated coating. It also is shielded very well. The best cable i've seen in component is the YIG 5 but its £850 for 5 metres :-(

There is a good noticeable difference if you look close enough ;-)

16. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Oh yeah, hope your not feeling to sick sam - its the smell of all the high toxin glues on your new nails ;-)

17. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Too bad the center is Silver and not Copper. Copper is much better and less oxidizable then silver. Also cheaper. The solid core is good, I only use House wire, white and black solid as my speaker wire. thousand fold better then the top end fiber wire and less than 20cents a foot.
    I guess I will not see the difference until I get a high contrast, high resolution image system. With 1300:1 contrast, is it DLP?
    I think I will wait for SED, looks like could be good.

Avoid the acetone nailpolish remover, not good for breathing. I recomend ethyl acetate, thats the good stuff.

18. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Actually, silver is the best metal for use with Video and audio. It can get up to 99.999% oxygen free with silver plated copper braid. Also, all top cables ranging from the £100 up tend to go with solid copper core with silver plating, £150 up tend to have more silver. The best ones at £850 are solid silver throughout. This is because perfect surface silver minimises distortion and thick direct silver provides the best possible connection. Here's what the manufacturers say about their £850 AudioQuest YIQ5:

The projector is a WXGA LCD projector. The high contrast ratio is excellent for an LCD projector and there are no rainbow effects with LCD as there is with DLP. DLP is great, but only if you get a 6 or 7 segment colour wheel spiining at least at 250X per second, otherwise rainbow affects are noticeable. I personally wouldve preferred the Optoma H56 which (apart from the amazing H76) is probably the best affordable home cinema projector. However, if you want the very best get a Marantz with the three seperate DLP Mustang chips and projection system. Contrast ratio is around 3000:1, 3 times more than a cinema, and the quality is superb, 67 Trillion colours opposed to a single DLP chips 16.7 million colours. Now thats a projector.

My friend has a CRT projector, very big and awkward and it took him about 6 months to get it set up just right, with the Progressive unit and Scaler he bought. He gets an amazing contrast ration of 15,000:1 at 700 Lumens. Pretty amazing ;-)

19. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

15000:1 that is amazing, I like the features of DLP but the rainbowing drives me nuts. Thanks for the info, I was looking at cheap DLP screens and not the higher end ones. By Better for Copper I meant the Conductivity is better, However you made me look up the new version of the CRC handbook. My chemistry from just a few years ago is out of date. Pure 99.999 silver has the lowest contact resistance and electrical conductivity is 6.17x10+7 where as good old copper is 5.8x10+7. So now I can see why they are using silver. But you must keep it away from Sulfur, as slight impurites of sulfur will drop it to less than copper (the old values I was thinking).

20. Praetor

My how this thread has... evolved...

*Praetor sends warm soup to Sam*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.