1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stupid post

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by CCteam, Feb 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah 15,000 to one is pretty amazing. There's always one thing to remember about contrast ratios though. 15,000:1 is the mazimum rating, the actualy contrast ratio will more than likely be around 12,000:1 during normal viewing, which is still bloody fantastic. My Panasonics is actually rated at 1100:1 when during normal viewing.

When have ruined poor praetors thread. I think we'll continue our Projector discussion down in the Displays section. I was interestingly reading about SED. Sounds expensive.....

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

LOL its always nice to see the mods, seniors and addicts go off topic! I still remember a thread a while back where the admins jumped in too hehe :D

3. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Well that was why I created the off topic thread, but no one can constantly go off topic. Also I think many Nebies were afaid of being kicked for staying on topic.

I do find it very funny that a thread called Stupid post has so much good stuff on it. I think off topic discussions can be considered stupid posts, so they are perfectly on topic.

Prisoner reheats the left out soup for Sam with Microwave. Hope you feel better Soon.

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, the thread has developed into a good discussion now. I hope we get loads of Newbies wanting information on Projectors and Plasmas cuz thats one of me specialties :) :)

5. Samantha

Samantha Member

*Sob* I was n hospital yesterday. Turns out I was feeling like crap from Sunday onwards for a reason.............I HAVE CHICKEN POX AGAIN!!!!!

I am covered from head to toe, all I want to do is cry :(
    Their even in my lungs and tonsils.

I had them when I was 3yrs old but, my son has just got over them, so the Drs seem to think I may have run myself down looking after him, my daughter and hubby and that I was bound to get them again.
    So I wont be online for awhile till I get over this, as slightest movement hurts.

Cyas all soon
    Miss you all already
    Sam

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Sorry to hear that Sam, hope your better soon. Now its time for the Hubby and kids to look after you....

7. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

BLESS !!!

I had been put in with the neighbours when I was kid to get it off them (by my parents).
    Didn't work - hahaha

But when I was 18 I called round to see my parents & m' sister was there.
    We all spoke for a while & had tea (like we do here in England - lol)...after about an hour n' a half my sis tells me she's got Chicken Pox !!
    I went off my head saying you couldve let me , have the option to get the hell out of there like ;)

Anyway the long & short of it is... I caught it off my sister (bless her feckin' cotton socks , pmsl)
    It was a blazing summer too , like 35 degrees outside.
    Had them in my mouth , under my hair & very close to middle leg

AHH ! Chicken Pox , such good memories !: ]-~

[P.S. Did about 2 bottles of Calamine Lotion]

Get well soon Sam

8. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Crazy, I had chicken pox for first time when I was in Grade 5, was not a pleasent at all. If you have kids Sam I am assuming your older, Do you have Shingles or chicken pox? Shingles are very painful, I sympathize with you. For get about the chicken soup, Prisoner gives you Morphine.

9. herbsman

10. Samantha

Samantha Member

:eek:(

Their on my head, legs, arms, underarms, knees, feet, soles of my feet, ears, boobs, use your imagination, in otherwords EVERYWHERE

Its 36 degrees here hot as hell :( hubbys at work, kids are away till next wednesday thank god. Hubby wont sleep with me :( when he looks at me he clucks like a chicken LOL
    He want to film me and send it out to all my friends on DVD, he seems to think i'll be laughing in a few weeks.

Lost heaps of weight due to the old ice water diet though LOL

11. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Oh Yes I can amagine for those of you that want to know about shingles (adult chicken pox) see:
    http://www.skinsite.com/info_herpes_zoster.htm

I hope it is just mild chicken pox, and that you get better soon. In 5 years I may actually be able to prescibe you morphine. Prisoner ups the dosage.

12. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Ugh....not a pretty sight in that image....

13. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Ya I know, I should have warned people. Sam I am not implying you look like that. Much better I am sure. but this does have info on how to decrease the ichyness and overthe counter treatments. Hope that helps a little Sam.

14. herbsman

PMSL :D
    YAY !! Some good comes from DAMN itchiness then - hehe

Oh and I didn't look at the pic , saw the word herpes & cringed at how bad an image it could be... !:)

Hope everyone else is well , I am pi$$ed up on Remy Martin...cos it's my birfffff'day

*hiccup*

15. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

i thought u only get chicken pox once in ur life...i got then in like 1st grade...dont u have to go in a bath with like oatmeal or something...altho i dont ever remeber doing that...lol

16. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

if ya never got chickenpox early in life

ya could get shingles later in life

17. herbsman

DaOsT & aXidburn:

Neither of you know much about Chicken Pox , eh ? : )

18. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Ok you don`t have look at the pictures of the link I put up. But if you read the info it tells you. Chichen pox, is a variation of the herpes virus. There are a couple different strains. So Just like now with the chick flu scare there are two strains (H7 and H5). So it is possible to get chicken pox a couple times, once for each of the strains that exist in the world. However since the strains are very similar, you imune system will fight off the supsequent infections and you might not even know that you got a new strain. If you have a weaker imune system then it will be just like the first time as it ecaped through your defenses.
    But Chicken pox is a herpes virus (major class) which means it can go latent into your DNA. So just like herpes can flare up due to stress. Later in life you can get it flaring up due to biochemical changes as age. Thus why women get it a little more frequenly as they go through Mentapause. Shingles is very painful and more server than just chicken pox.

Any quetions, on this I can feild. As this is closer to my actual degree.

19. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

you a doctor? or soon to be one?

20. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

No, My undergraduate degree is Biochemistry. I took physics courses for fun and almost got a minor in physics. I did the Biotechnology option at University of Waterloo, and loaded up my self with extra credits in most aspects of Science. Computers are my side line, I just play around.
    I am currently at Unvisity of Toronto in Medical Biophysics. So I get tons of Medical info daily. I did think of doing a MD/Phd. But I am not that crazy. I think the PhD will be first, then job and maybe MD (Medical Doctor).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.