1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stupidly simple question

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by DFP, Sep 26, 2002.

1. DFP

DFP Member

How do you save a friggin' mpeg clip in Virtual Dub!?
    I'm a newbie, and all I want to do is cut the commercials out of a recorded mpeg-1 clip. I'm trying (ahem) to use virtual dub. I figured out how to delete the sections I don't want, but all I can do is save to AVI. I want to keep the original format they were in, just cut out some frames. No program I've found so far can do this, and the issue wasn't in help. How is it done? Any better program to use?

Thanks,
    DFP

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

VirtualDub is an avi editor so get TMPGEnc. Click file - mpeg tools - merge and cut. Make sure to change your output format to vcd or whatever.

Click add. Browse to your movie and click open.

Select your movie and click edit.

You will see two buttons "{ and }". The first one means start and the second one ends. Scroll passed the adds/commercials and click the { (start button). Now drag the scroller to the end end and click the } (end) button. Click ok .

Then you'll go back to the last dialog. Browse for an output to put your file and click run. The result will be your movie with the commercials cut.