1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuttering Mpeg-2 with Tmpgenc

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by PTWhite, Mar 22, 2003.

1. PTWhite

PTWhite Member

Hi,

I have converted an AVI to mpeg-2 using Tmpgenc v2.58.44.152, but the new mpeg-2 file seems to stutter every couple of seconds (audio and video are in sync), nothing too obvious, but I find it quite annoying. Anyone else had this happen? and if so anyone know how to get around it?

Cheers,
    Pete

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Yes TMPGEnc does do that all the time. The solution - use another encoder i use CCE SP or ProCoder!!

3. PTWhite

PTWhite Member

hmmm, ok, I tried ProCoder but when I try to encode my avi it tells me that its gonna take 6 or more hours, now thats just taking the P!! And CCE SP just crashed when i clicked on encode!

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Canopus ProCoder(2-pass\master video quality) and TMPEnc(2-pass) are on the slow end when it comes to converting, or backing up to MPEG2= SVCD. I've tested both (2 pass) and they provide amazing playback video quality BUT CCE (Cinema Craft Encoder) is the faster encoder and produces superior video playback (multi-pass vbr3). Use this guide to convert AVI to SVCD using CCE.
    http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59489
    Guide provided by ChickenMan, courtesy CD-Freaks.

Shoey

Shoey

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2003