1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SUB file has nothing...

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by JeVo, Nov 16, 2005.

1. JeVo

JeVo Member

Okay, so I download some AVI movies and they have the SUB file and the IDX file. When I click to open the SUB file to check...it took long loading and nothing appear out of it, but it did say it has something in there because the file size are large. I don't even know about SUB file. Always use SRT files only, but now there is SUB and what do I need to do in order to see it. I even try to burn the AVI, SUB, IDX files into a DVD, but the movie works fine...and there is a languages subtitle thing, but when I set...nothing appear either.

2. 13ernie

13ernie Member

Well, this is my problem, too. Big .SUB file with .IDX and nothing wants to know about it. Did anybody ever help you?? If I put sub file along with movie, then MP Classic plays with subs just fine. But I want to add to AVI so subs will be permanent. The .sub file is about 2.9 megabytes, so it must be a bitmap. I tried subrip but it wants VOBs and I can't make it open this one.

3. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

@13ernie, if you want to hard sub, then OCR'ing isn't necessary unless you want to change the font.

@JeVo, vobsub's are bitmap based, what you are doing is like opening a bmp/jpg in notepad and expecting to see a picture.