1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subrip 1.17.1 crash every time that i run the program

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by ssormeno, Nov 24, 2004.

1. ssormeno

ssormeno Guest

I have a P4 computer with 3 ghz hyper threading processor, 512 mb ddr ram in dual channel and Windows XP SP1. Every time that I run subrip, the program crashes. The only way to run the program is in Windows 98 compatibility mode. Anybody knows why?

2. Lu523

Lu523 Member

I have about the same setup as you. With SP2. I was able to get it to run once with Windows 98 compatibility. Now it crashes again. It was running fine until I did a reinstall of Windows.

3. shiroh

shiroh Guest

?
    also with sp1. but works fine.
    must be missing some dll ?

try reinstalling subripper first.

4. Lu523

Lu523 Member

I have tried reinstalling it. Still no luck. Maybe it has something to do with the HT on the Intel chip. It worked fine on my 2.4GHz cpu.

5. ssormeno

ssormeno Guest

Yeah, I think the same thing. I have tried reinstalling and the situation is the same.
    I have the same idea: its a problem with the HT technology or the Intel chip set, especifically, the I865 chip set. With my earlier chip, I850 i had no troubles.

6. Lu523

Lu523 Member

I have the same chipset. Subrip ran fine with a 2.4GHz cpu @533Mhz. When I installed the 3.0GHZ with HT it stopped working. So I think that is the problem.

7. nellumeng

nellumeng Member

I have the same problem, and I'm running an Athlon XP 3200+. Any other ideas?

8. Lu523

Lu523 Member

I went back to the 2.4GHz cpu. I also had to uninstall SP2. But I did get it to work.

9. Dracko

Dracko Member

Hi. I'm having the exact same problem that you all. But I don't think it's a Hardware issue with the HT Technology. I would bet for the Service Pack 2 or any video codec installed. In my computer SubRip works randomly, and I have a P4 2.8 Ghz. in a Gigabyte motherboard working at 533 Mhz, with HT enabled, Windows Xp Pro, Service Pack 2 and all critical updates, 1.5 GB of DDR RAM. It was working fine before all the time, but all of a sudden SubRip started to crash. Also, if a run it in safe mode it works just fine. So, I bet it's gotta be a codec or the damned Service Pack 2. Anyway, I've tried to contact the one or ones who made it but no luck. If anyone finds a trick to tweak it, please let us all know.
    Peace.

10. ssormeno

ssormeno Guest

I've changed my mobo for the P4C800 Deluxe, with Intel 875P chipset. I reinstalled Windows with all patches and...surprise!! The same problem again!!
    Subrip running only in windows 98 compatibility :(