1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

subs out of sync in the middle only

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by cuminstd, Feb 25, 2014.

1. cuminstd

cuminstd Member

I have this problem occasionally. I use subtitle workshop to fix many subtitles but have never solved this issue. It usually occurs with only an older movie.

I can get the subtitle perfect when adjusting the time whether by frames or time to show the first subtitle exactly in sync and the last exactly in sync. Somewhere in-between the subtitles will be out of sync by one to several seconds or more off. It can be anywhere at 1/3 of the move to 2/3 of the movie where they stray off. Strange they can be perfect at the beginning or end. Even when using Gspot to identify the frame rate of the movie and changing accordingly I still can never fix this problem. I have tried downloading many subtitles of the same movie and still never been able to sync completely on some movies. Very annoying to say the least. Somehow there has to be spacing added or deleted between text to fix this, never figured it out.

Any help highly appreciated as I do not hear well and totally rely on subtitles, yet can lip sync enough to see when they are off which drives a person crazy.

2. attar

attar Senior member

In Subtitle Workshop, have you tried selecting only the range of subtitles that are out of sync.
    Scrub/play the video to the point where the dialog starts, pause the video and highlight that particular sub.
    Click the 1.

[​IMG]

Scrub/play the video to the last dialog that's out of sync, pause the video and highlight that particular sub.
    Click the 2.

[​IMG]

OK the prompt and that range of subs will change times.

[​IMG]

3. cuminstd

cuminstd Member