1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subs & TmpgEnc DVD Author3

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by marioval, Sep 7, 2007.

1. marioval

marioval Member

I have the subtitles in srt format in the same folder as my video with the same name except of course for the extension. TDA automatically recognized the subs and added them to my movie without me having to do anything. The subtitles look perfect with nothing missing or added, just perfect however they are hardcoded and cannot be turned on or off. Here's what I did next. I renamed the subtitle file so TDA would not recognize it. I then added the subtitles by using the import feature within TDA. Now the subtitles show up and are selectable, meaning I can turn them on and off. The problem is this, About 75% of the subs have a "< i >" before the sentence and a "< i / >" after it. For example "< i >blahblahblah< i / >". I can go into the subtitle editor page within TDA and remove the unwanted text but that would take forever. Is there a way to import the text but without the extra unwanted text? Or, what I would really prefer, is there a way to not use use the import feature and just keep the srt file name the same as my video and let TDA automatically use it but make it selectable? Thanks

2. attar

attar Senior member

You could have a text editor remove the "< i / >"

3. marioval

marioval Member

Yes, but as I said that would take forever.

4. attar

attar Senior member

I loaded a .srt file into Microsoft Word and told it to replace all instances of '-->'
    It took a second.