1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

subtiles in DVD-lab problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by speedman, Sep 11, 2004.

1. speedman

speedman Member

i use DVD-lab to make DVD movie with menus that i encoded from avi, i spent 3 days for video, audio and making the cool menus and then the fu<king problem with subtitles!!

i add subtitles to movie and link from menu for them, and when i play DVD with PowerDVD on my pc everything is just fine but when i play it on my Home Cinema subtitles jump around and its impossible to read them while wathing the movie. subtitles in original format are SRT. so can some1 help me, im out of ideas

i made lots of movies from avi with menus and subtitles and all work but this one

i have the newest DVD-lab i think it's beta 10 or something

THX

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

DVD Lab Pro beta 10 is not the latest version, b12 came out a few days ago. This program is still in beta so there are some bugs that are still being worked out. One of the fixes in b12 was muxing subtitles. I don't know if this will help with your specific problem. Try it and find out.

Make sure you remove the old version completely before installing. As always with the betas, paste the assets from the standard version into the beta.

3. speedman

speedman Member

ok, thx, i'll try it and let you know the result soon

4. speedman

speedman Member

Damn, not working...
    i download B12 and uninstall and removed B10, did the menu again and burn it, but again the same problem with subtitles...

Do you maybe know any other way to add subtitles to dvd, i want to make menus in dvd-lab and with another program add subs to movie and then burn it to DVD-R, do you know how can i do something like that???

Movie file is mpv. does it have to be m2v. so that subs work????

5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I spent the morning trying to come up with something useful for you. I could not find anything that would help you with this specific problem. About the best I could find is over at Doom9.
    http://www.doom9.org/
    Doom9's Forum> General> Subtitles

If you have had success adding the subtitles to .avi, then maybe you should try converting this movie to .avi, and then processing as you normally would.

Sorry about the lame solution. It is the best I can come up with.

6. speedman

speedman Member

i tried that allready lol, not working...

i also found a guide on doom9 to rip DVD and then turn it to vob on HDD and then change subtitle with ifoedit, but then i dont have menu(that is most important for me, im a menu freak lol)

I think i will never get this right, must try another DVDmenu athoring program but i cant find one with adding subtitles thats free or 30 days trial

thx anyway dude, if i get this right ill let you know

7. speedman

speedman Member

LOL the only possible way to do this is to get back to the begging of the whole job. im gonna import subtitle to avi file with virtualdub and then encode it again to m2v.
    with CinemaCraftEncoder

i will not be able to turn them off while watching the movie but i will atleast have the cool animated menus that i made

Damn what kinda trouble can make only one DVDlab bug

8. plevel

plevel Member

My problem was same as yours.But after few probes i solve the problem.When i use PAL system for project subtitles in DVD Player dont shows,but when i change project properties to NTSC subtitles appears for me. :))

9. Toverfee

Toverfee Member

Did youtry the working guide on www.videohelp.com ?