1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SUBTILES TIMING,,HELP PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by a7md, Jun 30, 2007.

1. a7md

a7md Member

sometimes i come across subtitles that i cant adjust...usually i adjust my subs by matching one of the first subtitle texts with the associated movie scene then matching one of the last subtitle texts with the associated movie scene again, same fps for video and the subs, everything thing is supposed to be fine except for sometimes with certain subs or movies "i dont know" the subtitles mess up in the middle..anyone knows why? what went wrong? any solution? anyone knows any better way to adjust timing?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2007
  2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

If you get the movie and the subtitle file from different places, it can sometimes be impossible to match up the subtitles because they are made from a different version. A movie DVD can be different in different countries. Sometimes scenes are made shorter or longer, sections are cut out altogether, for reasons of profanity or sex or violence, or simply because the distributors think that viewers in one country or area might be bored by certain scenes. Sometimes a pre-release review copy will be slightly different from the final release.

I have found this with a few Spanish language movies from Spain (Europe) and also Mexico. I once got a Spanish movie that turned out to be ripped from the Brazilian DVD release, and I realised that the subs were from the European release, and whole scenes were longer in the Brazilian version. Often US releases are heavily cut for language and nudity compared to the European version of the same movie.

Also you get Director's Cuts as well.

3. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

I made a double post, don't know how that happened.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2007
  4. a7md

a7md Member

ok thanx man