1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

subtitle and change size of screen?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by dazz87, May 28, 2002.

1. dazz87

dazz87 Guest

i went ahead and follow the guide(dvd to vcd) on this site btw its a easy guide to follow. i was wondering is there a way to add subtitle with the guide that im using? and how could i change the size of my vcd from 16*9 to 4*3. i went ahead and change the size right to 4*3 before i convert to mpeg, but afterward when i view it its 16*9

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

I assume you mean that it is 4:3 with black borders? And you want to make it one of those disgusting pan&scan editions, where you drop the left and right sides of the video in order to get the fullscreen 4:3?

And subtitle addition has been asked many, many, many, many times in here, try using the search (includes VobSub, VirtualDub and VFAPI Reader Codec).

3. dazz87

dazz87 Guest

im sorry drd. wat i meant was that i wanna fullscreen. bascially from 16*9 to fullscreen. totally forgot that 4*3 has black borders on the side. i do have VirtualDub and VFAPI Reader. ty ill look into these softwares.

4. dRD

I think it was from Configuration>Advanced>Image positioning method and select Cover frame or something like that. You should see the result before you start encoding, in the preview window of TMPGEnc.

5. dazz87

dazz87 Guest

i know that using vobsub (subtitle) is for divx. i guess using VirtualDub which is a plug-in for vobsub, meaning that it will allow me to add subtitle for mpeg?

6. dRD

Yeah, this has been covered various times in our forums, simply use the search and search for VobSub (which is a plugin for VirtualDub, not vice versa).

7. dazz87

dazz87 Guest

i am stuck! i download vobsub and virtualdub and i open both files. this is when im stuck at. do anyone know of a guide i could follow to add subtitle to my vcd?

8. dRD

Like said, USE THE SEARCH.