1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SubTitle Help

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by Mashu1053, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Mashu1053

Mashu1053 Guest

Hey guys,
    I was wondering if anyone can help me out with this subtitle problem I have been having. I have a japanese movie I wanna burn onto a dvd but the subs are in a seperate file. I believe the type of file is a .ssa. I am using Nero 6 startsmart to burn this dvd. The video file .avi. In case you needed to know. I have been able to burn it as a data-dvd but that doesn't play in any other dvd players except my computer dvd player. I haven't been able to figure out how to import this subtitle file into the nero burner so I can sync up the subs with the movie. And if anyone knows how to sync them with the movie that would also help. If it's not possible for my to use Nero 6 to do this. Can someone suggest a program I should use. And how to do it all.

Thanks very much

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Should be possible to convert to DVD Video with hard subs using Nero. Since NVE takes input via dshow you just need a compatible subtitle render installed. Could also frameserve via AVISynth/VSFilter.

If you want to author with a seperate subtitle stream you need to use something else and you would loose any special effects that the subs use.

When hardsubbing, remember to take overscan into account or you may loose your subs off the bottom of your TV screen.

3. Mashu1053

Mashu1053 Guest

Thanks for your help. Do you happen to know any names of software I can use to convert it. And you mean for me to convert the sub file correct? Sorry i'm REALLY new at this. It's quite hard!