1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subtitle permanent to DivX/Xvid

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by blankos, Feb 5, 2004.

1. blankos

blankos Member

Okey, I really need some help here. First of all, sorry for my english.
    I have worked for a week now, to solve the problem ,how to get permanent subtitles to my DivX/ Xvid movies.
    I found a good guide on this site http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/divx_with_subtitles_to_vcd.cfm

But it only shows how to do it with TMPGEnc, and that only supports MPEG-1 and MPEG-2, as far as I know.

What I have is a movie in MPEG-4 (Xvid) and I want to keep it in that format and also the quality.

I followed the guide, but in stead of using TMPGEnc, after I had started the frameserver, I opened the avi file in VirtuelDub.
    I set Audio to Direct stream copy
    I set Video to full compression and choose Xvid as compression method.
    After that I select "save AVI.." and the work starts.

BUT BUT BUT when the work is done I only have a Avi file that is half the site from the file I started with. And when I try to play it with media player, it tells me that something is wrong with the avi file.

What am I doing wrong, please help me out to understand this.

2. blankos

blankos Member

I notist that I wrote SITE instead of SIZE in the 3. line from the buttom. Sorry for my english again

3. FZRaven

FZRaven Guest

i use the sub titler filter for virtualdu(can get it on the virtualdub site) and about full compression setting i use full processing mode. all my subtitles have worked fine.