1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

subtitle problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by matthew23, Feb 1, 2005.

1. matthew23

matthew23 Member

Hey all,

whenever i burn a dvd and play it back, the subtitles are always on. how do i keep this from happening? I tried to turn them off on the dvd but they stayed on. any ideas?

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Need to know what progams you use to rip and burn. Also, what kind of DVD player is giving you a problem?

3. matthew23

matthew23 Member

i am using dvd shrink and dvd decrypt. and the dvd player is on my laptop and i am using real player to play. the subtitles only come on for a few discs, not all that i have backed up....

4. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

When you said that you tried to turn them off, what did you mean? I'm going to assume that the discs your having issues with are ones where you only ripped the movie only. You can try to fix this in shrink by going to preferences and click on the output files tab. You should see an option for logical remapping of enabled streams. Make sure this is checked. It might not solve the problem, some players are stuburn(even the highend ones) and will still automatically display subtitles even when the options on the player itself are adjusted. You just have to click them off on your remote. Again, please explain what you meant by "I tried to turn them off on the dvd but they stayed on".