1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

subtitle workshop - double subtitles prob

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by oneofthem, May 17, 2010.

1. oneofthem

oneofthem Member

hi,

problem
    in subtitle workshop, in the video preview i see two sets of subtitles, somewhat like one on top of the other
    one set is the editable set and the other is uneditable

additional info
    it seems the second set of subtitles is coming from the filter activated in order to playback the file for the preview
    in windows i see 3 things active, ffdshow video and audio decoder and directvobsub
    if i prevent the last from loading then everything is ok, only one set of subtitles is displayed in workshop, the editable set
    but then, i have to reenable the filter in order to view the subtitles in a video player

they suggested i rename the srt or to disable the filter everytime i want to edit in workshop but i think that can't be right, is this how subtitle workshop works? is this how you do it?

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  2. davexnet

davexnet Active member

Dvobsub is supposed to be "active" when an application (WMP for example) is "rendering"
    the file in directshow, and as you say, the subs have the same file name as the movie.

Does Subtitle Workshop render the movie? Does it have a movie preview of some kind?
    If it does indeed actually open the movie itself, you may need to take the advice
    and disable dvobsub or rename the srt.

3. giorgosgr

giorgosgr Member

If you dont want to see double subtitles in Subtitle Workshop just go to VobSub Configuration/Misc tick the box Hide Subtitles hit apply and you are ready!Viola!Single subtitles now in workshop!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010