1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subtitles are cut off. Screen is just to large!

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by rayne, Dec 27, 2003.

1. rayne

rayne Member

Hi all!

Ok, there's probably a simple answer but I have no idea what to do. Alright, I encoded the episodes and burnt them to be vcd's. They work perfectly on my dvd player, but the screen is cut off, meaning that the subtitles that were there are also cut off. It seems like the screen is just to large for my tv.

I didn't have to put the subtitles in, they were already on the original avi file.

Did I encode it so that the video is just to large? Because I followed the guides directions. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks a lot!

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Your TV set has a thing Called "OverScan" which means that the outside edges of the video are Covered By Your TV..This overscan can be up to 10% of the screen so you have to set up your File with Boarders arround it so that the whole Frame is displayed...Since I don"t know what encoder you used I can not tell you how to set it up so it looks Correctly but if you used Tmpgenc and are makeing a NTSC VCD then you would set the "Video Arrange Method" in the settings to "Center Custom Size" and then set the Resolution to something like 322+220 which will Put a Boarder arround the Video so that it fits in the screen without cutting any Video off....Cheers

3. rayne

rayne Member

Thanks so much! I'm gonna go try that out right now.
    Thanks again!

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Hi, I made a Little Mistake about the Resolution you should choose in the "Center Custom size" settings..
    I think It should actually be 320+216 to keep the correct aspect ratio ...Cheers