1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subtitles get cut off when burn to DVD

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Alhuin, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Alhuin

Alhuin Member

I hope this is in the right forum.
    But anyways... I searched this up and I can't seem to find any answer. Im in the process of bunring all my anime to DVD. The anime is already subtitled. But when I burn to DVD, the subtitles get cut off somewhat; to the point where you cant read them (well, you can on some TVs, but on most you cant). Is there a way to burn these files to where the subtitles are readable? Without me having to go through the long tedious work of trying to re-subtitle myself. I use Sonic MyDVD, and so far I cant find a way to make it work. I would try to burn as widescreen, but MyDVD doesnt let me do that. They are all originally .avi files and I used TMPGencode to encode the to seperate video and audio files... then use IFOedit to convert them to .VOB (if any of that helps). So maybe there's something that I can do during that process? Thanks for the help in advance.

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Specify a custom size on the Advanced tab in tmpgenc.
    Make it slightly larger, so the subs don't dissappear into the overscan area.

3. Alhuin

Alhuin Member

I shall try to do that.
    One problem:
    It says my 30-day free trial is up. It shouldn't be, because just this past Fri. it said I had 26 days left. So I don't know what the problem is there.