1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

subtitles in DVDLAB pro

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by swy000, Nov 9, 2005.

1. swy000

swy000 Member

Hi,

ive nearly got dvdlab pro completely figured out except for subtitles...
    i have them as .srt and the syncronization is right. My problem is that long sentences are jumping of the screen (at least thats the way it is on my computer, havent checked tv yet).
    Is there a way to specify that when it reaches margin or something for it to jump a line and perhaps right above each other?

2. caucano

caucano Regular member

I have the same problem...i haven't tried yet but maybe reducing the font size of your subs will allow them to fit on screen.

3. Wenkuo

Wenkuo Member

If the sentence is too long, you should press "Enter" key to let some words show on next line. DVDlab can show a sentence on 3 lines. Just learn to press "Enter" key

4. caucano

caucano Regular member

there's no need to be rude. I'm sure that would work, but then if you have a lot of subs you'd have to check each line and see if its too long, that would take forever.

5. k0k0m0

k0k0m0 Regular member

Unfortunately you need to press the "Enter" key in order to avoid subtitles appearing cut or appearing off the screen.

But that took me quite many projects to realize until I got it right... it wasn't that logical ;-)

6. caucano

caucano Regular member

hey k0k0m0,

so thats the only way to fix it? seems annoying. Since we're on the topic of dvdlab and subs, would you know how to overlap subs in time? i want two lines of text at the same time, one on the top of the page and one on the bottom, but dvdlab wont let me overlap..is there an option were i can fix this?
    Thanks

7. fantazar

fantazar Member

Hey guys

I imported subs to my DVD, wrote the DVD and when I play it back, the subs are way below the viewable screen area on my T.V.

Any ideas?
    I've left the margins at default.
    Using Verdana font @ 24
    Map is set to bottom with apply to all subs/lines checked.

Thx