1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subtitles in Winavi

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by bdhesi, Sep 7, 2005.

1. bdhesi

bdhesi Member

I recently purchased WinAvi VideoConverter, and want to convert and AVI Xvid to Dvd. I can do this normally with no problems, but was wonndering if i can do this with subtitles?
    Is there a way of converting to AVI to dvd format with switchbale or permamnent sibtitles using that program?
    Thank you

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Permanent shouldn't be a problem. I believe that the app uses dshow so directvobsub or ffdshow should work, otherwise you could frameserve via AVISynth using vobsub() or textsub(). Switchable subs I would think you would need to take WinAVI's output together with the subs and then use an authoring app that supports subtitles.

3. bdhesi

bdhesi Member

I have got FFDshow installed, and in configuration have selected subtitles, so if i play my original avi in windows media player, the subtitles with the same name do pop up. However, i tried WinAvi but the subtitles did not appear. DO you know any settings in WinAvi or FFDshow i need to configure in order to allow permamnet subtitles.
    Thanks for your help.

4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Well as far as I know if it plays in wmp with subs then it should also convert in WinAVI with subs so I am not sure what is going on. You could always use AVISynth instead.