1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subtitles include HTML code

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by lukemack, Jun 7, 2007.

1. lukemack

lukemack Member

Hi,

I have an avi file with an srt file named identically. I can view the subtitles in windows media player(11) but the html code in the srt file is displayed along with the content e.g.

<font color="#ffffff"><i>The Civil War is over.</i></font>

'The Civil war is over' should display but everything, including the html tags is displayed. I can't see an option to fix this anywhere. I had to install VobSub to get the subtitles to appear at all and they still don't appear in DivX player (v6) (the video file is a divx encoded avi and i'm playing it on windows xp).

Anyone got any idea how to resolve this, without editing the file and manually removing the html tags? Is it normal for SRT files to contain html?

thanks,

lukemack.

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

You could use php's strip_tags function to strip all the tags. DVobSub from what I can remember is fine at least with the itallics though. Can't remember if it ignores or uses them though.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  4. lukemack

lukemack Member

thanks. is it normal for the .srt file to contain html tags?

5. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Itallics it is. Setting the colour to white for every line is just a waste anyway and SubRip doesn't do it (colours) I don't think and srt is SubRip's format. Not sure if there are any formal specs or not though.