1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

subtitles MPC

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by jewlz, Jan 13, 2006.

1. jewlz

jewlz Member

Hey,
    i'm having a little problem. I've been trying to play 'cidade de deus' on my computer...i have all the codecs installed XViD and Divx yet bs player and powerdDVD refuse to play the movie (that's problem 1 actually),
    but i found a solution -> Media Player Classic which does play the movie only i have no idea how to get it to play the subtitles too which i quiet annoying since the movie is in spanish or portugese or something...so i wuz wondering if MPC is able to play subtitles or if i have to download something special to do that, because otherwise i don't think i'll really be able to watch the movie...or maybe someone can tell me how to get bsplayer or powerDVD to play the movie? its really odd how they dont...the movie needs the XViD codec i used gspot to check if i had all the codecs and to see if the movie was completen and everything wuz fine...
    anyways i hope someone can help me. I really wanna watch this movie..
    thanks!

2. OneMember

OneMember Active member

MPC do not suport subtitles. So you need something elso:

VobSub
    www.divx-digest.com/software/vobsub.html

Last edited: Jan 13, 2006
  3. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

MPC does so support subtitles, you just need to have output set to VMR7/9 renderless.

MPC and directvobsub share the same author as well as some code.

4. shiroh

shiroh Guest

vsfilter is the latest, vobsub.

you'll need to register the dll

click start then run
    then type

regsvr32 VSFilter.dll

clcik ok.
    put the dll in system32

5. Rikoshay

Rikoshay Regular member

If you're still having problems, just name the movie file(s) and subtitle file(s) as the exact same thing. MPC will automatically load the subs by default.

You can even change the look of them by using the Subtitles menu in MPC's Options. Just tick the "Override placement" box and make any changes you want.

6. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

@jewlz
    Download VoBSub, and like Rikoshay said, YOU HAVE TO name the avi and the subtitle file EXACTLY the same e.g CityofGod.avi and CityofGod.sub, and put both files in the SAME directory. When you launch WMP, VobSub will automatically start and pay the subtitles. If the subs come too early or too late, right click on the little VobSub green arrow on your task bar and adjust the timing.

7. Rikoshay

Rikoshay Regular member

Well, you don't need VobSub at all, like celtic_d has already said. You just need to have DirectX 9 or 7 or whatever and set the video output to VMR7/9 renderless. If the files are the same name and they are in the same directory (or folder or wherever you have them), then it should show the subfiles.

If you have already done this, and it worked, could you write back so that we know that you've done this? Thanks.

8. kixvix

kixvix Member

hi. i still can't load subtitles. i chose vmr7/9 renderless already but the same error occurs everytime i load the subs. i also have directx 9c

9. kixvix

kixvix Member

vobsub works but what if i want to play a DVD movie with an .srt file? Thanks!

10. Rikoshay

Rikoshay Regular member

Well, with any other video type, you would need to use the same naming convention as well. Just name the DVD file and the .srt the same, and put them in the same folder. Make sure they are both named EXACTLY the same.

If MPC still isn't working, and you have DirectX 9.0x, then just set the output to VMR9 (renderless), and under the menu Subtitles, make sure that Override placement is checked. After that you can go under Subtitles sub-menus and change the style and positioning of the subs whilst playing.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2006
  11. OneMember

OneMember Active member

12. kixvix

kixvix Member

THANKS.. got it working already :D

13. Rikoshay

Rikoshay Regular member

That's good. If there are any more problems, come back and say so. Tata!