1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subtitles Run Off Screen

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by afi7x, Sep 25, 2005.

1. afi7x

afi7x Member

hey, i use DVD-lab PRO for creating DVD's and when i add my subtitles it runs off screen in one line , should i make it shorter? or is there a way that i can make it wrap and go to 2 lines.

2. ematrix

ematrix Member

I have exactly the same problem using VSO DivxToDVD 2, it's a simple and efective tool for making personal DVD, but subtitles runs off screen in one line (if the subtitle has 2 lines, the bottom one almost disappears from the TV screen) i don't know how to fix this, or why is it happening, anybody please help us!!!

3. afi7x

afi7x Member

i fixed my problem, i editeded the .txt and made spaces in the nessasary places, it takes time but i think thats the only way to do it.

4. ematrix

ematrix Member

Could you please be more specific about it? i don't understand what you mean by "editeded the .txt and made spaces in the nessasary places"
    I have my subtitles in SRT format, which i can edit easily as if they were TXT, but what kind of changes did you make to fix the problem?

5. afi7x

afi7x Member

i just spaced it (enter) on the place that ran out.

like this
    is spaced
    a lot

sorry if im not being clear.

6. ematrix

ematrix Member

As i mentioned earlier, i create and use subtitles in SRT format with Divx Media Subtitler, since they're more accepted than SSA or SUB, and it's easily to make a SRT subtitle from a TXT file; i'll try to explain my situation with the following example of a subtitle text:

There, that's better. Try to enjoy your birthday.

If i leave it as an one line subtitle, all the subtitle will appear almost at the edge of the bottom of my TV screen, but most of the time you need to divide it in half to make as an two line subtitle (probally that's what you mean by making spaces) since most of the time dialogues are extense, as ilustrated below...

There, that's better.
    Try to enjoy your birthday.

... only the first line (There, that's better.) will appear on my TV screen, while the second line (Try to enjoy your birthday.) will be almost cut off from my TV screen, but the subtitle line is there (it's like the subtitle lines are placed too low on the screen) i have tried to find if there's a way to fix this throw Divx Media Subtitler or VSO DivxToDVD 2, but i haven't found a solution... please help!