1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

subtitles .srt on a cd-r /cd-rw

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by mrdavo, Jan 8, 2006.

1. mrdavo

mrdavo Member

I've got an AVI file and an srt file and I want to burn the video to a cd-r/cd-rw with subtitles on it. I've already burned it with nero 7 the way you said with the same name
    MyMovie.AVI
    MyMovie.SRT

but it still doesn't work it appears as an option but the letters doesn't display, I'll really appreciate if you can tell me what are the possible solutions to burn an avi with subtitles in a
    cd-r /cd-rw because I doesn't have a dvd burner THANX !!

2. arcanix

arcanix Active member

Well first of all, where are you trying to play it? On your computer or a dvd-player? If it doesn't work on your pc, then you need to download and install vobsub. Then the subtitles work automatically, if your movie and subtitle has the same name. If it doesn't work on your dvd-player, check if it even supports divx with subtitles. Yeah, dvd-players support subtitles on dvd's, but that's a whole different deal. If your player supports subtitles, check which subtitle formats it supports. If it supports .srt and it still doesn't work, then the subtitles might be in another format, but they're just renamed as .srt.