1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subtitles to RMVB, please help!!

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by sahra90, Aug 2, 2007.

1. sahra90

sahra90 Member

Hi!
    I've gotten a movie in Rmvb and was trying to get the subtitles to work (since the movie was in cantonese). I tried by downloading both DirectVobSub, Real Player and also Windows Media Player Classic, but none of them worked. In the Readme file that came with the film, there was a description, but I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

It says: From the "Real Alternative" (Media Player Classic) menu, navigate to and ensure that the "Show Subtitles" submenu is selected:
    Menu: Play -> Filters -> DirectVobSub (Auto-loading version) -> Show Subtitles
    Open the movie file using "Real Alternative" (Media Player Classic), the subtitles automatically display.

I wasn't sure where the menu was at first, but then I think I found it. However, when I look in the navigation, I can't select the subtitle menu or any other menu. What am I supposed to do? I would really appreciate your help since I'm a noob at this.

Thanks again, and sorry if my english was too bad!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Sounds like the rmvb has a muxed subtitle stream (done via 3rd party a tool, not supported by real player). MPC's internal subtitle renderer should work if the output is set correctly, otherwise DVobSub as suggested should work. mplayer may also work.

3. sahra90

sahra90 Member

I noticed now that no movie played with media player classic works with subtitles. How do I get it to work? When I play a movie and press the right mouse button, the subtitle menu doesn't work.

4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Check your output settings.

5. sahra90

sahra90 Member

okey, I checked my output settings and set the ones required for loading subtitles, but still nothing happens. remember, I'm a noob at this ;)

6. leif24

leif24 Member

I am having same difficulty. Also, under play/filters- there is no option for vobsub. Before when I had k-lite kodec installed, vob sub that came with it worked fine. I did't even have to configure it. I had to uninstall k-lite codak pack because of other conflicts but now after installing vobsub by itself I can't seem to make subtitles work. The movie I'm trying to watch is a mkv. file, but as I said, this file was working with vobsub under k-lite codec.