1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subtitles- what program to use for a TV show?

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by meiko1, Aug 15, 2009.

1. meiko1

meiko1 Member

Installed Vobsub with no success... copied a DVD onto my computer, copied fine, quality is good but no subs, subs are on the main menu under subtitle options. It is a TV show, so there are 4 different files, this may be what the problem is. Vobsub did not list any of the 4 shows, said no matches, not sure if I need a different program or whether I did something wrong, followed the directions from this site, anyone out there who could possibly help? Thanks so much in advance!

2. attar

attar Senior member

What guide did you use to backup the disk?

3. meiko1

meiko1 Member

Did not back up disc,didn't know I had to, hiw would I go about doing that? Thanks.

4. meiko1

meiko1 Member

Went back into guides and tried Virtual Dub, which seems easier to use, but the same problem comes up where it can't find the files under the Video_ts folder.

5. attar

attar Senior member

The files that were copied onto the computer (.IFO .BUP .VOB) should play back using the likes of VLC.
    Open the directory using VLC.
    When it starts playing, click on 'Video' - if there are subtitles present, one of the selections should be 'Subtitle Track'.

6. meiko1

meiko1 Member

Thanks for your help attar, for a long time have heard of VLC but never used it, have been using Media Classic 3.2.1 which has worked well until now. As good as my picture was, seems better using VLC and you were right about the subs... go to video, subtitle track, look under all files, select what episode, then which subtitle track, was really rather easy. So thank you once again, you made everything quite easy.