1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subtitles with black backround? (See pics inside)

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by marioxb, Feb 8, 2006.

1. marioxb

marioxb Member

Is it possible to make a subtitle stream like this? I have Street Fighter II- The Animated Movie on US DVD and a very bad quality subtitled Japanese VHS. I want to get the Japanese DVD so I can create a hybrid Japanese/ English version. Both the US and Japanese versions ONLY contain the one language version. What they did when they released the US version, every time a location came up on the screen in Japanese, it was covered with a black box with English text, as seen below. (I simulated the below images since I couldn't find a proper Japanese screenshot.)

[​IMG] Japanese

[​IMG] American

Is there any subtitle program that would allow me to do something like this, create a subtitle stream with a black box behind it? I want this so I can keep both versions in tact on my new DVD, maybe having the stream automatically selected when English language is selected? There are about 10-20 times this happens in the movie and it is displayed for about 3 seconds.

2. Rikoshay

Rikoshay Regular member

I think they just did that so it would be easier to read it. I'm not sure if there is a way to create it permanently, but I think you can create the same effect through some sort of means to change the color and background of it.