1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subttitle on Dvd

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by bmwr51, Apr 10, 2008.

1. bmwr51

bmwr51 Member

The problem that i have is that when i insert one subtitles file to a dvd movie and play it on my computer all seems ok with all the subtitles displayed as they should do.

But when i burn it to a dvd disc and try to watch it on my DVD player i found that some subtitles missing. I read somewhere that the problem probable is that the time interval between two subtitles should not be less than 300ms (if someone knows something else please tell me).

I wanted to ask if there is a program that automatically can check the time between subtitles and change it to an amount that you want.

Thank you in advance for your help.

2. attar

attar Senior member

I tested a short video by readjusting the subtitles to 1mS apart and the DVD played without problems on two standalone players.
    There's something other than timing causing this problem.

3. bmwr51

bmwr51 Member

I think that the problem probably is with the specific stand alone Dvd player. I will try to find a firmware update, if such a thing is available and see if this bug can be fixed.

Anyway do you know an easy way to check the time between two subtitles?

Thanks for your help.

4. attar

attar Senior member

I don't know of any way - except to look at the .srt file.