1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subwoofer Question

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by VELCRO5, Dec 26, 2004.

  1. VELCRO5

    VELCRO5 Member

    Sep 24, 2004
    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    i just got a new reciever and the subwoofer connecter is like an input instead of a connecter for speaker wire, the subwoofer im thinking of getting is online and it says that it is "line level and speaker connections" is that what i need or is it something else.
  2. gerry1

    gerry1 Guest

    There are two types of subwoofers; active and passive. A passive subwoofer usually would connect like any other speaker: two speaker wires fastened into place like any other speaker. An "active" subwoofer has an amplifier in the unit and connects with RCA plugs like a CD player or turntable. The receivers will mark them in different ways like "subwoofer line-out" or "subwoofer pre-amp out". You don't see "passive" subwoofers much any more. What kind of receiver do you have and what type of subwoofer are you looking at? ...Gerry
  3. p5yco

    p5yco Guest

    hi, all you need is a single phono cable.

Share This Page