1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subwoofers.....car ones indoors?

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by billybob, May 5, 2006.

1. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@billy...sounds a bit convoluted my boy; lets see what's in your backyard first LOL!

@box ...how are you my friend? You're right, I did misunderstand you. I think I should start reading entirely through specs rather than just go looks at wattages, crossovers and frequency responses!

2. boxwrench

boxwrench Guest

I'm doing just fine buddy. Hey,I make the same mistakes myself...always in a hurry to give an answer and get on to the next problem.lol!

3. billybob

billybob Regular member

@gerry...LOL!

Ill just look around on the net. One problem, i havent a clue whats good and whats crap!

Can you post some guidelines? Wattage etc???:S

4. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Depends Billy; what kind of receiver are you pairing this with? What speakers do you use now?

5. caza125

caza125 Member

if the subwoofer has a dual voice coil u could series it up with its self and it would not ruin it cause the coils are exactly the same so u could have 4ohms, 2ohms, or 8ohms

6. billybob

billybob Regular member

Gerry, the speakers i use are the aiwa ones that came with it. I can't go and tell you the wattage or anything now.

I have no idea what you mean by waht kind of reciever i am using. I think illl just have a mooch around on the net....

7. SeanZ0r

SeanZ0r Regular member

Im getting the MKIII-12" kit im about 2 months, to being my 2.1 system. Im also deciding about the Svs PCi ultra, and the klipsch sub12, please someone persuade me to the MKIII kit haha. But arnt SVS cylinders designed to go lower that the standard vented box?