1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Success!!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by legato777, Jan 1, 2005.

1. legato777

legato777 Member

Finally got everthing working good, and it plays back ups fine. I really apreciate that tutorial Quadratic, very helpful.

But I have one more concern.; Is it just me, or does it take a long time to load games?

Comment, cause the orginal loads about 3x faster.

2. Bloodust

Bloodust Guest

Me i installed a 40 gig harddive 2day and when u install one it does take longer than usual to load games

3. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Are you running games off the hdd or off a disc?

4. phuc

phuc Guest

how do you play your xbox on hdd and what is hdd and one more running games off the hdd or off a disc what is this mean?

5. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

hdd = Hard Drive
    Play game without a game disc in your xbox dvdrom tray.
    (the game files are all on your xbox hdd)
    The above answer applies to your 2nd question also.You have to have a modified xbox and a replacement dashboard to play games off the hdd.

6. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

In my opinion playing games of the dvd drive is alot slower than playing off the HD. I've noticed when I play games off the dvd drive it takes a little time for the drive to read the disk as opposed to playing the game off the Hd that loading bar just zips across the screen faster, but then again that is just my opinion. What it really comes down to is the kind of dvd drive you have(Thompson,Philips,Samsung)which really determines your loading speeds. I have the Samsung sdg-605 on one of my Xbox's and the Thompson on my other box which I'm about to replace with the samsung because of the dreaded Dirty Disk Error and slow load times of games.

7. Pmaster

Pmaster Member

Hey
    i was so close to making a sucessful back up, i first ftp'd into the xbox with my computer using flash fxp, after that i created an iso using craxton, i then burnt the iso using dvd decrypter at 1x, evrything was going great. I put the disk in and after alittle while it loaded up. I really thought i had it, but then a message came up saying the disk is damaged or dirty, i could also tell that the xbox was having trouble reading the disk becasue of the noise it was making. Can anybody please help me complete this task. It would be greatly appreciated

8. Pmaster

Pmaster Member

I was reading some of the other threads and was wondering if the only way to get the files from a game when ftping is when the game is in the drive of the xbox, is this true or can you also get the files from games saved on the hdd in the "f" folder

9. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Try wiping off the dvd with a soft cloth and re-inserting it into the xbox. Do a cold boot and try to get it to work. If it doesn't work, try different media.

Yes you could, but it doesn't makes sense unless your friend has a modded xbox that you're using to get games from him.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2005
  10. Pmaster

Pmaster Member

I have another huge problem that cant seem to get fixed. Im running Wolf X as my dashboard with an executer 2.6 chip. Everything is great i love all the apps and ftping works great, im able to save games on to my hdd using dvd2xbox but the problem lies in xbox live games. I dont even want to play these games on live i just want to play them in general. Every xbox game with xbox live capability freezes at the menue. This occures when the game is saved on the hdd as well as when i have the acuall copy of the game. Somebody told me that i have to ftp in and under the "ini" file edit it some way. I tried messing around with it but there i had no luck. Pretty much every game out right now is xbox live compatible so this problem is huge. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Also in my last post regaurding making hard copies of games, the very helpful quadratic told me to try different media, if anybody has any suggestions for the best media to copy games with that would be quite helpful.
    -Thanks again

11. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

I use Ritek 4X dvd-r's, and have yet to make any coasters. Also, try Maxell 4X dvd-r's they work great for me. Don't forget to slow your burner speed down to the minimum when backing up your games. I've backed up over 100 xbox games with these 2 brands and haven't had any coaster to this point.....knock on wood!!!