1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

suggest a good slim notebook.

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by jiiib, Feb 1, 2007.

1. jiiib

jiiib Member

i've been planning on buying and searching the internet for a slim but powerful gaming notebook. so far, i've found the sony vaio sz's to be the best of the smaller notebooks.

can anyone here suggest any really good slim notebook (12-14" monitor)? i just wanna make sure not to miss out on a better performing slim laptop.

Sony Vaio SZ key specs:
    Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7600
    2 GB DDR-SDRAM - DDR2-533
    200 GB Hard Disk Drive
    13.3" WXGA Display - XBRITE Technology
    DVD+-R DL_DVD+-RW_DVD-RAM Drive
    Wireless LAN (802.11 a\b\g)

Graphics
    Hybrid Graphic System - NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400, Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950

Video RAM: Video RAM: 335MB Total Available Graphics Memory , NVIDIA® GeForce® Go 7400 notebook graphics processing unit (GPU) and 224MB Total Available Graphics Memory , Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950

wish it had a better video card. i think the Go 7400s perform a little worse than a 6600gt? correct me if im wrong. i'm planning to play Rollercoaster tycoon 3/supreme commander on this laptop on a decent setting. its on the sonystyle.com site if you want to know more about it also.

2. J0hnnyga

J0hnnyga Regular member

ive got a SZ 390P and i can say you wont be disapointed in it.. it runs really nice and with the large battery gets around 6-7hours of battery