1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggested by members for moderator roles By Members

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by john179, Aug 29, 2004.

1. john179

john179 Active member

I think there should be a place for members to have there say and put there vote forward for someone to make moderator.At present i know of one to leave this role.Is it possible that members could have a say in who they think should be made a moderator.
    My choices are as follows
    Nephilim
    As he spends constant time at AD probably more than some of the mods.He knows his stuff and he knows how to direct people in to the correct forum and he his good with people.Also has the respect of fellow members.
    Scubapete
    Been here a long time has the respect of many at AD and he knows his stuff.Knows all the AD rules back to front and generally would deserve a shot at this.

What do you think???????

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi John, I'm sure you know that Mods are Hand picked. Everytime any thread starts about member statis it gets way out of hand. If we had any say in the matter, the 2 members you listed would have my vote 100% if they wanted that position. That would be the first thing to find out. The mod position never came up the times I talked to either one of them. Some members would like to be a Mod others don't want it. Its a good suggestion but we can't make that call. Only thing possible would be PM someone higher up with your suggested member. I'm sure they know which people to look over when it comes to the Mod position.

Jerry

Last edited: Aug 29, 2004
  3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Both are great nominations ... and I believe both have been nominated already :) ... just got to wait and see. I wish them the best of luck, both would be excellent MOD's (IMO).

Also, why did you post in the "MP3Lizard.com bands - Suggestions, ideas & feedback"? Would have been better in "General discussion - AfterDawn feedback & suggestions".

Anyhow, I second that suggestion/nomination for Nephilim(that sick bastard) and ScubaPete(the old bastard) ... LOL

4. john179

john179 Active member

Seriously though guys i do not know how a mob becomes a mob.It may be that they are picked by the higher up but that does not bring respect.Where i work i'm a manager and have worked my way from a normal worker.You can ask any of my guys who they have the respect for the guy that walks in our place and says hi i'm a new manager or me.Where i work i have built up trust and a repertation with the work force and they all know i have been where they are now.This is where i gain alot of respect and it is the same here and all walks of life.I believe here the members should really have a say as they know who they respect and who would do well.At the moment it seems a little thin on mods and needs a beef up.
    John179

5. john179

john179 Active member

Second thoughs forget it as Nephilim is always first to the punch and scuba is a no it all who does no it all.My vote goes to the next newbie on the site.Got to be better than these two no it alls

John179.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    Asus A7V8X-X XP2800+,2x120gb,1gb Ram
    Ati 128mb Graphics,Lite-on 411S NEC 2510A
    os windows xp sp1[/small]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2004
  6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hey Flip, Glad to see you agree with our selections for new Mods. Not that we have any pull on the matter, but its nice to see another mod adding a positive comment. Like you said we just have to wait and see. I'm sure in time the right choices will be made. later,

Jerry

7. john179

john179 Active member

flip218 is it possible that both could be nominated and get the job.I'm sure there is room for two.

8. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Anything is possible ... in the end it's up to dRD and the other Admins.

9. john179

john179 Active member

So what type of figure i we talking then i believe we can all put in to lets get another two mods fund.

No just joking thanks for the reply we will wait and see then.

10. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Someone should move this thread to the Afterdawn feedback/suggestion area. More members would see it there.

Jerry

11. john179

john179 Active member

My apologies for posting to the wrong forum i should know better.Could someone please move to Afterdawn feedback/suggestion as Jerry746 metioned.I will give myself a slap as i have this Suggestion is no good for the Bands area.

My apologies to all

Thanks
    John179
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    The Greatest football team in the world
    Asus A7V8X-X XP2800+,2x120gb,1gb Ram
    Ati 128mb Graphics,Lite-on 411S NEC 2510A
    os windows xp sp1[/small]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2004
  12. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

13. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Thanks for the MOVE darthnip.

Jerry

14. john179

john179 Active member

Much Appreciated darthnip

Thanks

John179

15. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

anytime fellas, we aim to please. :)

16. john179

john179 Active member

Thanks

17. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I don't disagree with either of those choices for mods, but I don't think Pete would accept. It takes a lot of time and effort for him to post messages (although you wouldn't know that from the content of his posts), and I don't think he'd be interested in adding extra responsibilities that could take away any of that time. IMO it would be a disservice to newbies to lose access to any of his wisdom. In many ways I consider him to be the most important member here, not because he's the only one who knows what he does, but because there isn't anyone better at helping people get started or more willing to help out.

18. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

I'll second that, he's tireless when it comes to helping people. But he'll get a chance to decide if wants to be a mod WHEN they ask him (its only a matter of time, really).

19. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

If he were to say yes I certainly wouldn't be upset about it.

20. john179

john179 Active member

To be honest it would be nice for him to get the offer and make his own mind up.I agree he is the best at helping the newbies and other members out.He replies to each mail like it is is first post always keen for detail.This is a great quality so yes we would not want to loose that side of him but i think that is the way he is.Mod or not mod i think he would still be Scubapete.Also then you have Nephilim another good man who knows his way around the forums and the rules.Has great respect of all those he comes in contact with and never seems to be away from AD.Two good men both deserve to be offered a mods job in my book.
    Thanks
    John179