1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion for DVD Rebuilder download

Discussion in 'Suggestions, ideas and feedback' started by brobear, Oct 1, 2005.

1. brobear

brobear Guest

Rebuilder itself is constantly undated for the Download section. That gives everyone the latest availabe free version. AfterDawn's policy of updating versions is excellent in most cases. However, in the case of software needed to go along with Rebuilder we run into a problem. Rebuilder was written to use certain versions of AviSynth and DGDecode. DGDecode isn't a problem as it is included with the RB download nowadays. [bold]The last version of AviSynth that RB can use is version 2.55. With AD updating the software, the AviSynth is now up to version 2.56 beta 3 (unusable with Rebuilder). For the Rebuilder fans, and the ranks are growing, it would be nice to have a version 2.55 of AviSynth available and have it designated as suggested for use with Rebuilder.[/bold] It wouldn't hurt to note with the newer versions of AviSynth that it doesn't work with RB. Having the appropriate version for RB would save members from having to go off site to get the download. Some members aren't aware of the difference until they run into problems and ask. Those that don't ask end up deleting the whole setup and write it off as not being functional.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2005
  2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

brobear: First of all, wrong forum room :) Secondly, yes, we are in process to add a possibility to download old versions of software tools, but this will take at least 3-5 months until implemented, as we're currently working on two Large projects that we plan to launch within this year. After that, the #1 priority is the "karma system" and various other forum enhancements. After those get finished, we'll start working on the "software repository" that will include an option to download old versions of tools.

3. brobear

brobear Guest

dRD
    [bold]Thanks for the enlightenment.[/bold]

I just saw "suggestions" and thought I'd drop that one in. We seem to have a bit of confusion with this particular software (AviSynth versions that work with RB). Sometimes cutting edge developments render an app like AviSynth useless for a particular purpose when older scripts for the app were written into other programs, such as RB in this case.

[bold]Glad to see we'll be getting an archive for software.[/bold] I've seen a number of cases when I'd like to revisit an older version of an app; especially when new upgrades backfire. ;)