1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion for Newbies

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by Racemann, Aug 22, 2002.

1. Racemann

Racemann Regular member

Hi,

I think that when people sign up to join this forum, an email should be sent to them verifying their password

AND

an example of info to provide when posting a question such as OS, hardware, type of software and version's used.....

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

First one has been implemented already, so that people with fake email adds don't get in.

3. A_Klingon

A_Klingon Moderator Staff Member

Should be interesting to see how this works out. I positively forget how I first joined this forum. I will (soon) have to do it over again.

Later today, I will be installing a new 60 (or 80) gig hard drive, haven't decided yet ($33.00 in the difference), and will have to re-re-re-re-install, re-re-re-configure EVERYTHING from the ground up. (Drivers, software, dll's, registering this 'n that, deleting outdated stuff from my computer's original "Master Recovery Disc, re-instate my ISP service, put in the email, recoup favourite bookmarks (afterdawn tops the list), bla-bla-bla. I think it will be worth it, having lived for almost 3 years on a paltry 10.1 gig drive. The new 60 (or 80) gigger should do *wonders* when attempting to rip the entire boxed-set contents of such tv classics as Star Trek The Next Generation. (Each boxed set contains 26 episodes + extras - *seven* dual-layered discs).

Should I stick with I.E. 5.5 or maybe go back to Netscape? (Nah). No need to answer, with the tiny bit of free time I have at my disposal, it'll probably take me over a week to get back to anywhere *near* where I was, before I can even go online.

I'm really not looking forward to it, truth be told. And for all that, I'll miss A/D for even that one week. (The news update are fabulous, and I like the new 'top users' addition - somewhat of an ego thing, but what the hell?)

A/D forum members are the best there are. Keep ripping, burning, and learning, people, and don't take any wooden nickles.

Hope to see you soon. Love each other. (No squabbling while I'm gone please). :)

-- Mike, the KlingonAgent --

4. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

A_klingon I have five 80gig hard drives and I have alot of video on them....I have been picking up my 80 gigs (seagates 7200rpm,2mb buffer)for about 85 U.S. dollars .......I have two computers one has a 80 gig as the main drive where as the other has a 30 gig. I have come to buy a hard drive swapping tray by inclose to use as a secodary drive so I can swap the secodary had drives between computers. If I was you Klingon I would go for the 80 you will be suprised how fast you fill up the hard drive even an 80gig.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2002