1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

suggestion

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by quikamber, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glitchzoo

glitchzoo Regular member

now i see what you mean completly,
    dRD owns after dawn , blasteroids est (correct me if im wrong),
    why has dRD got 3 diffrent forums that we can all log onto if they have the same stuff on it.
    I agree with the fact that the console forums arnt needed here since we can just use blasteroids.
    im confused.

and i thorght at first that dRD was a moderator and now you tell me hes admin.
    it mus be quite cool being admin of this site ;)

2. ireland

ireland Active member

drd and Ketola is the site admin...

Company information
    AfterDawn Ltd is a privately owned company located in Finland (European Union) that owns various web properties. Company's most important web properties are AfterDawn.com, Filepedia.com, MP3Lizard.com and Blasteroids.com.

Company is fully owned by its original founders and has been profitable right from the beginning. The web properties that company controls generate over 25,000,000 page impressions a month (November, 2005). Websites' traffic has grown typically by 75 percent each year.

AfterDawn Ltd currently (November, 2005) employs three full-time employees and four part-time employees. In 2006, we plan to hire at least three new members to our team.

History
    AfterDawn.com was founded as a hobby project back in spring 1999. Originally the site's focus was to provide various MP3 news and software downloads to users and also provide a free web hosting services for independent artists who wish to distribute their music in MP3 format for free.

The website was launched in summer 1999. The focus of the site has somewhat changed since those early days. MP3s became an everyday hobby for most of the web users and also the controversy surrounding the "MP3 revolution" faded away, so we broadened our coverage to cover also digital video issues. This decision was made in late 1999 and proved to be successful. We still cover all the news, software updates and issues in digital audio world, but as times change, most of our news articles are related to digital video and DVD technology nowadays.

In summer 2000, we launched a web-based MP3 search engine when that kind of sites were extremely popular. The site was called MP3Lizard.com, but eventually it became clear to us that the web-based service wont work -- Napster and other P2P tools were already way ahead of any web-based search engines. So, at some stage in 2001 we decided that we need to focus more on our "core business" at AfterDawn.com and decided to move our artist promotion service to MP3Lizard.com. This is still the case -- our "sister site" MP3Lizard.com still carries the long history of AfterDawn.com's artist service and has improved over the years to offer thousands of tracks from independent artists in MP3 format.

In spring 2001, we launched yet another site, called Dawnload.net. The site's idea was ultimately to transfer AfterDawn.com's software selection under its own domain. This has happened already, but AfterDawn.com still has its own software section because our users insist that we must keep at least the core tools available directly at AfterDawn.com. Eventually, Dawnload's software selection began to differentiate itself and nowadays the site covers pretty much all the main software categories, including office tools, network tools and more. As Dawnload.net's name became a major problem during late 2004, we decided to rename the site and our latest site, Filepedia.com was launched in June, 2005 as a replacement to Dawnload.net.

Our site has also long history of being one of the best bilingual implementations in the world -- all of our sites are available in Finnish and in English. All the content is updated in both languages. We also offer our content through various other non-traditional forms, such as WAP (wireless devices), AvantGo and through various content-feed partners.

In spring 2002, AfterDawn.com and CD-RW.ORG decided to co-operate in content and site development area. AfterDawn.com doesn't have any financial links to CD-RW.ORG and vice versa, but as our sites' core areas match pretty nicely without overlapping too much, we have worked in co-operation ever since. AfterDawn.com provides CD-RW.ORG hosting facilities, site development, news articles and certain software reviews. CD-RW.ORG on the other hand provides AfterDawn.com extensive CDR -related news and articles and software reviews. We also share the same discussion forums. After long negotiations about both sites' future, our co-operation with CD-RW.ORG ended in summer 2005. CD-RW.ORG is now known as BitBurners.com and is not related to AfterDawn Ltd in any way.

In December, 2002, we agreed to host 321 Studios' technical support forums for their products DVD X Copy and XPRESS. We don't have any financial relationship with 321 Studios, but host their forums and carry their advertisements on our site. The main purpose for hosting the forums was to gather larger userbase to our other sites as well.

The site eventually grew to the point where we decided that the site and its future would be best served by setting up a company to run the site. Such company, AfterDawn Ltd, was launched in June, 2003 to run the website professionally. The company is owned fully by the people who originally found the site back in 1999.

In July, 2003 we entered into a new area and launched our gaming website, Blasteroids.com. As of now (July, 2003), the site offers only discussion forum facilities for gamers to discuss about game news, rumours, cheats and tricks. The plan is to expand further to gaming market later on this year.

We are always looking for advertisers and investors who are interested of our website or want to get more information about AfterDawn.com.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2006
  3. glitchzoo

glitchzoo Regular member

cool, thats very intresting, the admin must get quite a bit of money from these websites.
    i started up my own website recently and had 130 visitors by my second week, but iv stoped updating it now :( but i plan to get it up and going again :)

if im allowed to post the website i will and you can have a look around it.

i have one question though, have afterdawn had the same template since it started or has it changed?

4. ireland

ireland Active member

if im allowed to post the website i will and you can have a look around it.

no

i have one question though, have afterdawn had the same template since it started or has it changed?

as far as i remember,yes

5. glitchzoo

glitchzoo Regular member

ok,
    and does afterdawn ltd own its own servers ?
    id expect they would with all the mp3 downlaods and file downloads.

6. rav009

rav009 Active member

"ok,
    and does afterdawn ltd own its own servers ?
    id expect they would with all the mp3 downlaods and file downloads."

Yes :)

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

emachine, knock it off or i'll deal with you, your choice!!
    thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.