1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions For Copying in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by billbruen, Mar 18, 2010.

1. billbruen

billbruen Member

I've been away from the game for some time.

When I last used XP my method was, DVD Decrypter, then DVD Shrink, underpinned by DVD Region+CSS Free. It was a little slow, but worked and I was happy with the quality.

Now, I'm using Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium and I'm wondering if our experts would care to suggest reliable software which would get the job done in Win7.

I've tried using the three musketeers mentioned above (in Win 7) and they sort of work, but not always. The DVDIdle support people tell me DVD Region Free+CSS will not be updated for Win 7 and suggested I use DVDFab Passkey, which, they say, works in Win 7.

Is there as yet, a one package solution, to ripping, encoding, burning with good quality, that works reliably with Win 7 64-bit Home Premium?

2. ferguj1

ferguj1 Regular member

I can't comment of the 64-bit part of the question, but there are really only 2 big players left and they are AnyDVD and DVDFab. I have grown more partial to AnyDVD of late, but both are quality pieces of software and have served myself and many others well.

3. billbruen

billbruen Member

Thanks for the reply....

Well, AnyDVD only removes protection, so, I guess you mean AnyDVD in conjunction with CloneDVD or something similar.

I'm afraid I can't bring myself to support this 'subscription' model that both SlySoft and DVDFab have moved to: I'm used to 'buying' my software not renting, and the 'lifetime' subscriptions are just too much for a casual user like me.

As I said, DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink still work with Win7, so I guess I'll be sticking with them.

4. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

AnyDVD can rip to hard drive with protections removed but is mostly used in the backround behind DVD Shrink or DVDClone, or NERO etc...If you dont want to pay use the free version of DVDFab http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm it will copy to hard disk then use your Shrink program.

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

6. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Save the games, I can affirm the programs you list run in 64-bit version of 7 with no issues. Of course I turn off all UAC so i don't know which are issues in that arena, or what loops someone with UAC on must go through. Probably that annoying run as admin routine...

7. billbruen

billbruen Member

Thanks for this info......didn't know AnyDVD could rip.....will give it a try.

8. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

When the program is running you can see the red fox icon on your taskbar. Right click it and select rip to hard disk.