1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions for the best DVD ripping software?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Blu*, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Blu*

Blu* Member

Hi, I'm really new to this DVD ripping game and I'm wondering if anyone can give me some suggestions as to which is the best software to use (bearing in mind I'm still new to the whole ripping thing)?

I've trawled through the forums, guides and software sections for a few weeks now - mainly for ideas on burning to CD-R's, but I've now progressed to DVD (well hoping to...).

I've seen a few titles being passed around but not sure which to go for: DVD Clone, Auto GK, DVD Decrypter. These seem to be the more popular ones at the moment.

btw, I think this site is really great, it's helped me through many a problem in the past, and I'm learning something new all the time! Keep up the good work!!

2. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

dvd decrypter is easily the best ripping software IMHO, but you will still need an encoder to reduce the file size to fit onto dvd blanks. Might i recommend DVD Shrink (free) and integrates well with decrypter to give an excellent ripping/encoding/burning suite. There are guides on this site to tell you how to use them http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/

3. Blu*

Blu* Member

Thanks deadcat, will give it a go.