1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SUPER MEDIA COMPLAINT

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by rc1489, Jan 22, 2010.

1. rc1489

rc1489 Regular member

Please over look the caps, i amm pretty disturbed right now!

You might be aware of just what happened to me with SUPERMEDIA.COM

SUPER MEDIA

COMPLAINT 1 22 10

I RECEIVED THIS ORDER 5 MINUTES AGO AND UNPACKING IT THERE IS A GLUE SUBSTANCE ALL OVER THE PACKING MATERIAL, THE WHITE PEANUTS "PROTECTIVE PACKAGING" STUCK TO MY HANDS AND COULD NOT GET THEM OFF, HAD TO GO WASH IN HOT WATER , WHAT THE HELL KIND OF SERVICE IS THIS? AND WHAT AM I TO DO WITH THE DVDS

RIGHT NOW MY HANDS ARE ITCHING AND I DO NOT FEEL WELL,, DID YOU POISON ME??????

I BAGGED UP THE DVDS WITH A RAG,PUT THEM OUT SIDE, I WON'T TOUCH THEM, YOU HAVE TO ARRANGE TO PICK THEM UP AND PACKAGE THEM I AM CANCELLING THE ORDER ON MY CREDIT CARD, I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE POISENED ME WITH

I AM ONE UNHAPPY DUDE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    I CAN'T GET IT WASHED OFF MY HANDS

CC WI CONSUMER PROTECTION AGENCy

2. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

You bought something from "Super Media" and expected something other than the worst service around? I know you had to be thinking sometihng like, "Here comes identity theft" when you confirmed the order.

As for the sticky stuff, I think it might be that the "peanuts" got moist...some of the cheap ones disolve into glue if they get wet...and it isn't a pleasant glue. I'm sure you got it off by now, but if it happens again, the trick to washing your hands is to mix some sand in with the handsoap.

3. rc1489

rc1489 Regular member

You bought something from "Super Media" and expected something other than the worst service around? I know you had to be thinking sometihng like, "Here comes identity theft" when you confirmed the order.

As for the sticky stuff, I think it might be that the "peanuts" got moist...some of the cheap ones disolve into glue if they get wet...and it isn't a pleasant glue. I'm sure you got it off by now, but if it happens again, the trick to washing your hands is to mix some sand in with the handsoap.You are right about the service but if you think i'm going to wash my hands in sand after i've got a shipment from somebody" "I DON'T THINK SO" NEVER IN MY 68 YEARS HAVE I SEEN A BUNCH OF CLOWNS LIKE THIS OUTFIT. Never again CAVEAT EMPTOR !

I usually don't keep sand around either!

2 DAYS TO GET SOMETHING OFF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS, The state attorney general and office of consumer protection , and the local law enforcement authorities have been notified. My heart beat has lowered some.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  4. scum101

scum101 Guest

Don't ya love it when bio-degradables bio-degrade on contact with air and light?

Sounds to me like them thar "peanuts" was made from some cellulose derived something.. basically starch.. a bit of damp can equal goo.. should be harmless.. dang.. you could probably eat it.

Take a sample to your local college science lab (label it "unknown ectoplasm") and see what they make of it.. hehehehehehe

fyi.. Iodine is an indicator that turns blue-black in the presence of starch.

5. rc1489

rc1489 Regular member

No thank you i really do not love it.

I see now why a few weeks ago NEWEGG announced they were changing their shipping procedures to more eco friendly and would like to have a review of their procedures. Maybe i know why now, but it seems that related to paper, but the point is, they are apparently aware of hazards associated with shipping. Their box is still sitting waiting to be opened that came today. I am trying to decide whether to use a time release outside at 10 degrees or throw it up in the air and let it open on drop? What's your take? 6 weeks ago i had to awake a firm in ARKANSAS on shipping procedures of Aprilaire furnace filters space guards, 50.00 worth that were DOA,, i think someone put a bulls eye on me.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  6. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

If you think it is bad stuff, just take some of it to the local police station and say that it is an unknown substance that someone sent you in the mail...I think they are required to examine it if you say it like that.

7. rc1489

rc1489 Regular member

Been there Done that,

8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

& what happened?

9. rc1489

rc1489 Regular member

They told me to bag it seal it, so no gas would escape, they had no way to test it without sending it away, but they knew i was not touching it
    ============
    the latest
    ------------
    As of yesterday and today, SM LINKO ,they changed their mind, they told me to discard the product i did,, they were not coming to pack it up as i refused to,., and they have said they are reimbursing my money.

I will never attempt to buy from them again

MY replacement NEW order from Newegg arrived yesterday,, i was down to 0 tonight.

case closed