1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Super Slow and Error 21

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by preacher3, Feb 10, 2007.

1. preacher3

preacher3 Member

I have an Xbox which is not modified.
    It stopped loading games.
    I tried to restore the harddrive with the code I received from microsoft when I had the problem before.
    When I entered the code, the system locked up. There was no movement on the progress bar. I turned the xbox off. (BAD MOVE!)
    Since then everything is super slow.
    I can get to dash board, but then I receive error 21.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

try an auto installer disc like Slayer 2.7 Final
    If you are modded with a modchip then you can just format and reinstall everything.

If you softmodded you can use it to reinstall the dashboards to make sure that is not causing the problem.

21 - anywhere -

This error says that the machine was booted to display a error, basically someone told the machine to reboot (or launch a xbe) with this flag, and the error code just means its been rebooted by the flag

This occurs frequently when the xbox is unable to boot due to dashboard changes being made (ie Gcue true blue hasnt been resigned, parts of the stock dash are missing - incomplete FTP backups copied to a new HDD for example).