1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Super Technical question

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by dannchoi, Sep 25, 2004.

1. dannchoi

dannchoi Guest

I have Xenium Ice, Evox M7, 80GB Seagate HDD.Lately, I have just ben copying games to the HDD but now wanna play using xblive. I didn't have the forsight to flash the TSOP with the original bios and now I'm stuck having an Xbox that won't load the original bios or Dash.

I want to get this fixed so I can play xboxlive. IS there anything I can do?

2. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

eerr just turn the chip off, or did you tsop it with a hacked BIOS before you bought your chip?

3. dannchoi

dannchoi Guest

The chip doesn't turn on or off so to speak, you can either load the evox bios or the original through tsop. I never flashed the tsop, it came with I think the cromwell bios then I flashed the chip with the Evox M7 bios then copied the evox dash to the hdd. I still have the original dash on the hdd but when I go to rename the orig dash to the orig name I get a "Xbox needs Service" error.

I don't know if I should reboot the chip because I don't want to lose any of the games on my hdd or maybe that won't happen if I did.

4. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

dont call your hacked dashboard xboxdash.xbe call it evoxdash.xbe and leave xboxdash.xbe as the origanal microsoft dash

o by the way you have not tsop flashed your xbox, that would need a lot of re wireing and you sound like you dont know what the hell you are going on about.

5. dannchoi

dannchoi Guest

Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, all I know about modding is what I have experienced, you don't have to get insulting, I'm not the geek of the week like yourself.

The TSOP option is available on the OS and I thought you could flash it like the bios by selecting it.